The King of Thanon Sukhumvit

buddha

This evening as I walked from Nana Plaza to Soi Cowboy I saw the King walk from his (?) normal spot to a place about 4 meters down Sukhumvit and flop down nearer to the buildings. The King laid there with head raised, grinning and looking very pleased with itself as I walked past. I wonder how it has gotten so fat.

zen

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think what distinguishes this dog from the rest is his laid back approach. Normally other, lesser animals, get fidgety when someone steps within an inch of their head. Not the King. To really test his resolve maybe someone should step on him.. :cover:

Says Chico:

I think what distinguishes this dog from the rest is his laid back approach. Normally other, lesser animals, get fidgety when someone steps within an inch of their head. Not the King. To really test his resolve maybe someone should step on him..
:cover:

You first Chico, just wait til I have my camera set up. :neener:

Chico + Buddha,

I am a true hardcore dog-aficionado and currently out for training every day with a Hungarian Vizsla huntingdog. Fantastic animal. Did accumulate some experience with dogs over the years and could say the following : An ambiente like Sukhumvit is extremely stressful for any dog , whether hardened streetdog or not. Tremendous noise and a million different things to smell. Peak TukTuk time at 17:00 is a catastrophy for any dog's nose and ears. They can smell from Suk Soi 5 if somebody farts at the airport , that's what they are like. The additional burdon that our friend takes by sleeping peacefully in the middle of thousands of drunken punters is a big mystery as such as he does not seem to develop any demand for shelter.

No idea why he is so relaxed; probably living on the surplus Singha from the Landmark; that would also explain the overweight.

Bbill

Says buffalo_bill:

I am a true hardcore dog-aficionado and currently out for training every day....

Sounds like you require a trip to Soi 7 Beergarden, matey. :up: There's plenty of beefy old growlers there :o who'll give you a good "workout" for a few shots of tequila and a packet of nuts. :beer:

jack ;)

PS. "Tradesman's" is on the menu too, but costs a bit extra. ::

I have seen the King become agitated and agressive in the mid morning 9 to 10 am period where a nearby busstop was servicing a good deal of folks.

I have also seen him snap at a motorcyclist [me] when I was passing very slowly. The street and sidewalk were not busy at the time, I cruised by gawking, made eye contact, starred and he took of after me. He wasn't that hard to shake, and he doesn't look that dangerous, but ANY dog can do some damage if you are unaware.

I have found that strays in Thailand don't fuck with you unless you make hardcore eyecontact. No prolonged eye contact no problem.

Post a picture of the king please....

Archived