Discount at G P for board members

samori1

I have been able to negotiate special rates for myself and a group of friends at the Grand President on the basis of volume and frequent usage. As I shall soon be getting a condo and will no longer be using the GP I thought I might make one last bid to get their prices down even further on the basis of a "club" i.e. Board Members, with over a 1000 members many of whom visit BKK more than once a year and need accommodation in the Suk area. Not quite sure how the scheme could be administered yet, or if Khun Sanuk would have any objections, but feel something can be worked out. What I need is extra bargaining chips. If any board member has stayed at GP within the last year and is prepared to E-mail me the dates, with Marcell's approval I will give it a go. The more names and dates I have the stronger my bargaining position will be.

samoripas@hotmail.com

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be staying at GP for 4 days in December and 4 days in January - haven't registered yet - use me as a chip also.

A question - just need to confirm that GP is guest friendly - had a couple of conflicting reports.

Regards to all

Planet

I love the GP and plan on spending 7/5---for the start of my next trip. My last trips were 12/00,5/00,10/99. Let me know if I can help secure a discount although I am very content with the price I have been paying(1150-1350)for a topaz studio.

My experience over the years with GP shows that they are not interested in this kind of hotel-business: they cater for long staying guests as they claim themselves to be a "service appartement" - but not a hotel!

Got that in a lengthy discussion with Roongvadee, one of the assistant managers. Tried to evaluate why they couldn't include the 5% charge on credit card payment into my room bill (they stated it separately as "different service charge", difficult for me to claim back at my company)

But once I asked who is the resident manager (which is the executive in every hotel), I just looked into black eyes with a big questionmark. That position is not existing. They only do have a property director - but that chap is most of the time out playing golf.

Result: service and customer relations is not a strong point at GP.

Archived