Discount at G P for board members

samori1

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I negotiated a company rate, 1000 per night regardless of length of stay or season. was fine for 6 months, but now we are established we now stay at Muang Thong Thani, closed to work and factory.

However advantage was they ALWAYS had to accept booking, and if you arrived late, cheap rooms full, we got upgraded to big suites. Down side is the taxis out the front. Still I think you could get a better rate than the TSM rate.

I like this idea, even tho I live here permantly, it would be nice to see "us" use our "buying" power efectivly

This year I have stayed at GP in January, March, May, and July 2-5. 1240bt for Topaz Studio (no tax or surcharge). No guest hassle; although monday nite was the first time they kept the ID of my gf.

I have stayed at the GP on two trips and the Nana Hotel on four trips. I very much enjoyed the upscale accomodations at the GP versus the rather worn down rooms at the Nana Hotel.

I did not like, however, the long walk out to Sukhumvit. There were always a couple of Taxis out front but they never wanted to use their meters and therefore I never wanted to use them.

quote:

Originally posted by samori1:

I have been able to negotiate special rates for myself and a group of friends at the Grand President on the basis of volume and frequent usage. As I shall soon be getting a condo and will no longer be using the GP I thought I might make one last bid to get their prices down even further on the basis of a "club" i.e. Board Members, with over a 1000 members many of whom visit BKK more than once a year and need accommodation in the Suk area. Not quite sure how the scheme could be administered yet, or if Khun Sanuk would have any objections, but feel something can be worked out. What I need is extra bargaining chips. If any board member has stayed at GP within the last year and is prepared to E-mail me the dates, with Marcell's approval I will give it a go. The more names and dates I have the stronger my bargaining position will be.

Hey there Samori,

I am in the throes of booking for a mate and self on the following dates.

August 31 st. 2001

till 04 September 2001.

I am interrested in your Bulk Negotiation if at all possible.

Please let me know,

thanks,

Mike.

The best discounts are already listed above. Tell them you are a member of TSM and you will get a 20% discount. No one will do better than that with a reservation. The only hope lower than that is to show up and hope they are sort of empty and will give you a discount. I wouldn't count on that!

My suggestions for getting the TSM rate at GP based on my experience:

1. E-mail GP for a quote and reservation and say TSM.

2. Bring two copies of their e-mail replies. GP has a check-in counter in its main building and a check-out counter in its second building.

I gave a copy of my e-mails at the check-in counter. The people at the check-out counter was going to charge me the regular rate, until I presented my second copy.

If the hotel ask for a TSM card or identification, just say that it is an internet travel club.

GP gives a lower rate if you stay a minimum of seven days. So, I got the TSM discount on top of the weekly rate and paid in cash to avoid the five percent charge for paying with a credit card.

chok di.

Archived