Most Disgusting Sandwich in Bangkok

Sarisin

Old Hippie said:

No Tattoos? ::

Funny you should ask that, OH. :) If you click your ferret on the snapshot of Bong enjoying a pre-coital Harvey Wallbanger at Lumphini Park, you'll notice I'm there in the frame too, partially concealed, standing on a stool and inspecting the home-done tattoo round her arsehole that said 'Chris de Burgh 1998 Quiet Revolution Asian Tour'. :up:

jack :drunk:

Fiery Jack said:

Worst "sandwich" I ever had in BKK was at Xmas 1999 with a big post-op katoey from Thermae (streetname Bong), her alcoholic Russian freelancer mate Nadja, and a suitcase full of imaginative dildoes. :hubba: We broke the Nana Hotel bedframe, I sprained my groin and caught pubic lice, :( the fire brigade arrived twice, and Nadja was treated at Bumrungrad for 3 cracked ribs and a badly torn arsehole. :o

jack :help:

Dude, you scare me! ::

One of these days I'm going to unwittingly run accross one of your posts whilst enjoying a large glass of milk and I suspect that the milk will involuntarily come up through my nose and all over my keyboard and monitor.

Where you come up with this shit I'll never know. (Maybe we don't want to know, it may scare us!!) :eek:

Keep up the good work! :):beer:

-=/NN

Speaking of sandwiches at the Nana Hotel.... (True story by the way, this happened on my first trip in 2000.)

The Bangkok sandwich of death!!

The most disgusting sandwich I ever ate (in Bangkok or anywhere else) was at that the Nana hotel. I accidentally ordered the grilled cheese sandwich via room service on my second to last night in country. The cheese on this sandwich tasted like rancid, oily shoe leather.

But I was hungry and proceeded to eat it...

The next morning I didn't feel well, but proceeded on to the "River Kwai" tour that I was supposed to attend that day.

As the day wore on I got progressively worse, it was wet and raining and the tour bus was freezing! By that night I couldn't hold down food or water without vomitting. I was too wiped to even consider a last night of sanuk! (Didn't really want to give it to the girls either!)

I should have seen a doctor, but what the hell, I'm leaving country in the morning. I go to the pharmacy explain my illness best I can to the pharmacist (clerk?) and she gives me some "mystery pills".

That morning I feel somewhat better, get to the airport and notice that I'm REALLY REALLY thirsty! I drink one large bottled water, then another. It's not quenching my thirst! This goes on ALL day on the two Asian flights I was on, I was constantly pestering the stewardesses for water!

As we're approaching American airspace I noticed something REALLY scary. I haven't urinated all day! I must have drank 3 gallons of water at least! What the hell!!!! My skin feels clammy, oh my god! All manner of exotic ailments came to mind... Malaria, Yellow Fever, Ebola, Thai Jumping Herpes, who knows! (SARS didn't exist yet or I would have thought I had that too...) I told the stewardess I was VERY VERY sick and needed a doctor. They called a "medical emergency" on the flight and asked for a doctor. A Farang doctor happened to be on the flight, said that my temp was a little high, but other than that everything seemed normal.

I calmed down a bit. By the time the flight finally arrived in Atlanta, the unquenchable thirst subsided. On leaving the terminal I felt I had to take a crap. Oh my god! That's where the water went! Straight to my colon! I was peeing buckets of water out of my asshole! I felt MUCH better after that, I thought the worst had passed.... I was wrong!

The friend that was supposed to pick me up at Tampa airport bailed on me (his father was in the hospital.) So I had to take a Taxi to Sarasota ($100!!! :cussing:). I notice that my speech is starting to slur a little, think nothing of it. (It's been a REALLY long day). I finally get home and my speech is almost incomprehensible! My tounge is not working correctly! Nothing much I can do tonight, it's like 2am.

In the morning I still am unable to talk properly! I have to call my dad over to drive me to the clinic and act as an interpreter!! Turns out I had a fever of 104 (almost 105!), the doctor gives me two shots in the rear (antibiotic?) and sends me home. After another day of rest, (and really bizzare dreams) I start to return to normal.

Apparently I almost died! Speaking with the doctor later that month for something else he mentioned that "we were very, very concerned about your illness". Apparently they weren't concerened enough to send me to the emergency room for some reason! Assholes! :cussing:

So I would give the grilled cheese sandwich at Nana Hotel a pass if I were you! :)

After all that I still wanted to go back and stay at that very hotel! :rolleyes: However, I never ordered the grilled cheese again....

-=/NN

NN, sorry for your terrible experience, but I have to tell you that your description had me laughing so hard I nearly peed out a lot of stuff, um, somewhere. I know I shouldn't laugh at another's plight, but the thought of someone drinking gallons of water on one of those long-haul flights and then not having it come out was just too much for me.

Glad to hear you are OK now, and, you can be very sure I will never have a grilled cheese at the Nana, or maybe anywhere for that matter. :help:

• 3 weeks later...

I felt it was my duty to warn and inform others about the death sandwich.

Yes, looking back it was pretty funny, but while it was happening it was pretty scary.

I suspect that the cheese was handled improperly (left out too long or whatnot). I don't think the Thai's are used to handling cheese.

-=/NN

Sarisin said:

NN, sorry for your terrible experience, but I have to tell you that your description had me laughing so hard I nearly peed out a lot of stuff, um, somewhere. I know I shouldn't laugh at another's plight, but the thought of someone drinking gallons of water on one of those long-haul flights and then not having it come out was just too much for me.

Glad to hear you are OK now, and, you can be very sure I will never have a grilled cheese at the Nana, or maybe anywhere for that matter. :help:

Archived