Most Embarrassing Record in Your "Collection"?

Fiery Jack

From my 12" collection that would have to be Cyndi Lauper " She's So Unusual" - completely muslim ( Shiite...)

Oh, and a copy of "Abbey Road" with the labels on the wrong sides !

It's unbelievable what shit turns up on your doorstep, if you don't put that "X" in the "No, I Don't Want The Recording Of The Month" box !

Delving into the 7" vinyl reveals even more misguided money wasting.

• Samantha Fox "Touch Me"
  • Tracey Ulman "Sunglasses"
  • The Firm "Star Trekkin'"
  • Murray Head "One Night In Bangkok"

Strangely, I can't get the Sam Fox one out of the cover.... :hubba:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<I hope its not a ground for banning from the BBar........ :grinyes:>>

If I knew what the hell this was I might boot you off here--but I guess I was just a glint in my old mans eye when this ditty was out in the charts :cover: :cover: :cover: ::

Yo FJ! I hope that you are not seriously suggesting that 'Metal Machine Music' was a result of contractual obligation?

[Rolls up a piece of London Underground Day Travel Card and searches down the back of his sofa for skins...]

Despite having impeccable musical taste in my formative years* I also have just checked the ol' bakelite stack and found...oh my God...

1. 'Eye Level' (Theme from Van der Valk) - Simon Park Orchestra.

2. 'Yes Sir, I can Boogie' - Baccara

Oh, the shame, the shame.

*Ricki Lee Jones First Album aged 15, (smoking Gauloise and wearing a beret. Very embarrassing in Accrington).

FJ,

I sincerely hope that the Gay Dad 12" was sent to you as a promo or white label. That was a band (it was?) who could never, ever, ever match up to the advance publicity. Fuck, even Dave Grohl couldn't match that amount of hype! Chancers.

Oooh, my writing has got all sloooooow. Time to put on Blodwyn Pig or Bong on the turntable!

Or the Fall's eponymous album 'Archbishop Carpet Stick Insect Leg-iron Syndrome - Live at the Dog Trials'.

Archived