Cartoons!!

Guest baldrick

Guest lazyphil

This is a light hearted look at cartoons and what your kids or kids you know (including ourselves :D) like to watch-- my all time favorite (my daughters too I think) is ''Ice Age''--I can watch this everyday with her without any problems--I love Sid--what a star!!

Guest lazyphil

I have to contest--we borrowed Monsters Inc from my two nieces and although funny and what not Ice Age is imho far superior all round (although littlun likes M Inc alot)--perhaps it'll grow on me ::--cute kid in it though! (yet to watch Toy Story)

The most recent Animation I have seen was the Japanese anime: Spirited Away

It won the Oscar this year and is an beautiful story, but it might be nothing for very small children.

Disney is more and more outdated and Pixar has taken the leadership with his latest movie: Finding Nemo

By the way, my all time favorite is Ghost in the Shell, an Japanese Sci-Fi anime which set the standard for storytelling and design. But it is more suited for teens and adults, because of a complex and philosophical story.

What about "Lilo & Stitch" ?

A much under-rated film IMHO.

"Finding Nemo", was good, and would have been great, except for excruciatingly overdone turtle characters - know what I mean "Duuuude" !

( Got me thru' a couple of hours on the plane though...)

Zaad said:

I'm not a fan of these Disney cartoons, the stories are OK but not as funny as the old cartoons like the one in LazyPhil's avatar. :up:

Ice Age is an exception though, it's very funny. :D

Definitely the best compared to the other Disney cartoons.

Most of the successful animations of the past years where not produced by Disney like Toy Story I+II, Ice Age, Finding Nemo. Disney only did the distribution for some of the films.

The drawing of the Disney movies seems to be a little bit outdated today, and more important. Disney could not find good stories anymore (except Lilo and Stitch, maybe). Best example is "Treasure Island" which flopped. The reason: Disney only converted the old story into a Sci-Fi plot.

Archived