Royal Orchid Gold

Bkkbound04

Today I recieved my new Royal Orchid Gold card; the current one expiring this month. Does anyone know what happens to the current mileage accrued. I have 90k which was wanting to use in january to upgrade. I've read the paperwork and am a little confused as it states: 'Do remember to use your upgrades within the 2 yr validity of Gold status, as upgrades have the same validity as your Gold status.'

Does that mean the mileage is tied to the previous card or can I carry it over? I tried to call Thai airways in london but they never answer the phone.Its the sort of thing I loose sleep over.

:(

JP

Since you're still qualified for gold status, I think it'll mean that your points will carry over.

"upgrades have the same validity as your Gold status."

still gold status = still upgrades available (?)

But to make sure why not contact Thai by e-mail. They actually do answer within a reasonable period of time.

www.thaiairways.com

Jappie,

Miles are not related to your card.

Your card is earned by flying 50K miles in 1 year or 80K miles within 2 years.

Miles are valid for 3 years, so miles accumulated this year are valid till december 2006.

this year better use all accrued miles from 2000.

Consult your statements and the book you received with your card, its all mentionned there, top right.

Use the miles for upgrades or even free tickets, but beware that upgrades can be asked only 21 days before the flight and if available seats and if your ticket is upgradable, i.e. if it is the cheapest class, forget it.

Hope this helps :)

Cheers !

Straycat,

I had too :doah:....... I just have my goldcard back and had to struggle to get my upgrade for my flight next week.....

And for my returnflight the 7th of january, I have to present myself to a TG office to ask an upgrade... again :doah:

So fron cozy business to queing on Silom :cussing:

Cheers !

they're truly worthless when it comes to upgrades :banghead: i hate when they demand you to show up at their office only to receive some shitty sticker...isn't this supposed to be all computerized ::

on the other hand, I find Thai check-in personel very easy to convince for a free biz class upgrade! :up: :up: ::

My experience with TG upgrades is hit and miss at best and most of my flights are ex-Bkk. Seems to me that there are just too many gold card holders these days !! Either that or TG just upgrade whoever they like. Last week on a rare upgrade to business class to Singapore, I was sat next to 2 young Singaporeans who had also been upgraded. Only thing is I then saw 2 guys I knew on the flight as we were getting off who did have gold cards and had not been upgraded. Too damn inconsistent for my liking.

By the way the fact that TG have done away with the upgrade certificate means that the 'thank you' confirmed upgrade is know valid against almost any fare - not just published levels which is a major improvement. My employer never lets me use published fares so I had not used the free upgrade certificate and just left it in the drawer.

Cheers

Archived