farang $tatu$ and thai women

pattaya127

"My situation is unique, I assume."

Yes, every situation is unique and I don't agree at all with the assumptions in this thread that all girls are in it for money. What most want is happiness, and one persons definition of what creates this can be very different from anothers.

"So does that make me one of P127s 5% that made it? Dunno, but I have many farang/Thai couple friends who are similarly successful in their marriages. Much more than 5% of my total T/F couple friends. The common factor is, however, that all of these couples are closly matched in age/education/social status. I think that that is the main factor for a realtionship to work."

Again, each situation is unique and I don't think the above applies to all.

Cheers!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, the thread was not about girls in it for the money, but the status that a farang man "may" have, which if he reverted to making just about as much as an average thai guy, would be detrimental to the RT...Or not.

It was not about so much about judging thai women, but assessing what is expected in a farang/thai RT. I thank people like Cent who took the pain to answer in depth, as i said, i stood to be corrected.

Nevertheless, i disagree that a relationship between a farang and a thai, IN Thailand, is comparable to a farang with a farang chick back home. I think the terrain, the culture, the obstacles are totally different and adjustment is always made, whatever this is about money or else.

Not worse, not better, but different.

Proof is, the number of guys who give up on farang women but still are open to start something with a thai woman.

Thanks, all, for your contributions, i find exchanging ideas about thai life and people rewarding in itself, and a good counterpoint to the usual stereotypes and sexual innuendos.

pattaya127 said:

Nevertheless, i disagree that a relationship between a farang and a thai, IN Thailand, is comparable to a farang with a farang chick back home. I think the terrain, the culture, the obstacles are totally different and adjustment is always made, whatever this is about money or else.

Not worse, not better, but different.

I think they are very comparable. Maybe you need to break it down by socio-economic groups. Your comparing a guy that has substantially more finacial resources involved with a poor Thai chick to a farang in farangland who is more than likely involved with a woman in his own income bracket. You would need to paint the equivalent scenario of a wealthy guy in farangland involved with a farang chick from the bottom of the socio-economic rung. I see almost identical reltionship interactions betwen both Thai/Thai, Farang/Farang who are both poor, both middle class or both wealthy.

What you seem to have conveniently ignored were the posts from the guys in this thread who said they don't make squat or that much more than their Thai mates. Their responses seem to point out that the relationship is not that much more different than being with a farang women except with a few cultural twists. The couple still shares the financial responsibilities and duties together.

Apply your premise to a wealthy farang dating a chick from the trailer parks or the projects. How much different do you think it would be from him dating a poor Thai chick or Brazilian or Spainard or Russian or Mexican or Canadian or Ethiopian, etc?

I disagree with your thinking that there is some special Thai dynamic going on in respects to finances and love in a relationship. I think financial security and love in terms of mating are inherent to all women acros all cultures.

Proof is, the number of guys who give up on farang women but still are open to start something with a thai woman.

That is no proof. That is preference. Guys may just like something that is culturally different than them. That has nothng to do with money and love in a relationship.

Do you think guys only involve themselves with Thai chicks when they give up on their own countrywomen? I know guys who swear off American chicks and will only date European chicks or Canadian chicks or Korean chicks or Costa Rican chicks or Japanese chicks. I have friends that will swear off women from Los Angeles or New York but will readily date women from Georgia, Florida or North Carolina because of the Southern Belle appeal.

Like I said before you are placing way too much emphasis on some supposed Thai woman relationship dynamic.

you are placing way too much emphasis on some supposed Thai woman relationship dynamic.

------------------------------------

not the least. I said a farang married or living with a thai woman in Thailand, has stuff to deal with quite different than with a farang woman of his own country.

Note that though i have opinions from my own experience, i am all ears to diverging posts on the "status as farang" matter. You fail to read that i thanked people for that. Still, I still have to find one friend, one guy who tells me that beinmg married to a thai is same as being married to an american (for US citizens), or a french (for french guys), wherever they leave.

May I ask you about your experience with the dynamics of a thai woman relationship. I mean, the sort i talk about, monogamous (or witrh some dedication at least) and sharing one roof. Thanks

pattaya127 said:

May I ask you about your experience with the dynamics of a thai woman relationship. I mean, the sort i talk about, monogamous (or witrh some dedication at least) and sharing one roof. Thanks

Sure, glad to share. My experience with a monagomous/dedicated relationship with a Thai woman is that it sucks for me and is good for them. Same as with American women

I had the same sorts of problems I had with farang chicks when it came to expectations behaviors and other silly crap people argue about. Some chicks I shared a roof with during my long stays and other I didn't because they still lived at home with the folks.

Money, was never an issue because either I had it or they did. Some chicks I damn near supported completely and others came from families with money so it was never an issue. No different than the relationships with women in America. With certain women I was involved with I knew that one aspect of their attraction to me was that I had money with others it didn't matter. Same as in the States.

Does that add some insight towards this special Thai dynamic you are looking for? :beer:

SD,

I agree with most all of what you posted, but I think that this oft used question is mis-guided.

Thailand is not back home, and it is not like back home. Back home is not a valid comparison.

Regards, JEff

suadum said:

.... Ask yourself guys, would you date a girl like this back home? ....

Cheers,

SD

Enough said :p

"I mean, multi-cultural relationships are hard enough without the added baggage of "May-December," "MBA vs 5th grade education," "upper middle class vs. rice farmer's daughter," etc. Ask yourself guys, would you date a girl like this back home? Be honest and forget the sensual/sexy/beautiful/Thai bit and concentrate on the woman that is behind all that. The "Pretty Woman" Hollywood fantasy is just that and most often doomed to failure. Just my humble opinion. I am sure that there are exceptions. YMMV."

MaiLuk said:

My gf is told constantly by other TGs: "I want a farang boyfriend." They say this once they see the gf's situation (no money problems). And they don't ask for a hansum farang or a nice farang or intelligent honorable loyal farang. They just ask for a farang.

Too bloody true and the real reason why the young chicks take the arm of the old codgers out there.

As jjsushi experienced, this happens between men and women in all situations the globe over where one party has significantly more to bring to the table than the other.

Outside of LOS and SE Asia, the girls would probably want a decent guy with cash, unless in billionaire league then even the "best" girls in the world will have their kneemats on in 10 seconds and their knickers off even sooner.

Apply your premise to a wealthy farang dating a chick from the trailer parks or the projects. How much different do you think it would be from him dating a poor Thai chick or Brazilian etc

Not too much different. But this example does not disprove the thai dynamic but actually makes the point. The label "farang" that thais apply to us has connotations attached to it in a thai girl's mind (i'm talking here about 99% of thais, not the hiso. You can probably take out some educated tgs as well). The big connotation is that the farang is wealthy. He is not some schmo you meet on the street, he is a "farang".

You can compare it as you did in the above example. You can compare it to the status that a poor farang girl would project onto a farang surgeon. The examples only highlight the importance of the farang status. There are times when the farang status is minimized as seen from the posters here. But to think that status plays no role in the mind of a poor tg who hooks up with a middle class farangdoes not make sense to me.

Archived