farang $tatu$ and thai women

pattaya127

[color:"red"]however it's extremely unfair when a wife remarry's, collect's the 50% plus child support and she was the one at fault for the divorce. Where is the equity in that? [/color]

First, not all men have to pay alimony and a few women pay alimony.

The military retirement for a divorced spouse is very small percentage depending on the years they were married. I have been married to a retired AF guy and believe me it was not easy being married to a military man. A wife normally has a hard time keeping her career and many of military wives DO NOT have careers.

In civilian world, each spouse retirement accounts (401K, IRS) must be splitted at divorce whether another spouse work outside the home or not.

[color:"red"] I'm currently single raising my kids still giving her the 40%, you know now that I think about it, I didn't see her ass next to me in the field carrying a ruck sack dodging bullets. [/color]

Sorry to hear that but raising the kids and following you around makes the court feel that she deserves 40%. By the way that sounds pretty high % when your kids are not grown yet. I have met only one ex-military wife who got that much and they were married for the 23 years he was in the AF. Most women I have met get around 10% average.

By the way, I don't think the court can over turn the military retirement rule but perhaps the divorce court will look into the possible abuse better.

I believe fair is fair and some spouse is very fair.

Jasmine

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Again, the thread was not about girls in it for the money, but the status that a farang man "may" have, which if he reverted to making just about as much as an average thai guy, would be detrimental to the RT...Or not.

It was not about so much about judging thai women, but assessing what is expected in a farang/thai RT. I thank people like Cent who took the pain to answer in depth, as i said, i stood to be corrected"

I replied in a previous post in this thread about my experience in a Thai/farang relationship, although a short reply. It went directly on the 50/50 stuff. My reply about money, was not to you but to what I read from other posts in this thread.

About status, I think when you are a couple and if its a true relationship, a girl who is worth loving will stick with you as long as you are not an asshole. Whatever nationality. If not, you have failed in who you have picked.

In the period before you make these bonds, status and such does count.

Cheers!

If it is "love", it will be ok.

---------------------------------

I think love itself, though essential in the beginning, does not guarantee any success. it takes work to make a relationship work, and sometimes, people's unspoken expectations on their mate, if unfulfilled or betrayed, will defeat the feeling.

[color:"red"]people's unspoken expectations on their mate, if unfulfilled or betrayed, will defeat the feeling.

[/color]

Well P127, if the expectations are not communicated, they cannot be betrayed!

Perhaps I said the above because I like to put things clear. I remember when I was in college, single, when I asked what I wanted from a partner, first and most important was "A good partner to help each other persuing our careers and comfortable financial status and last, but not least, find happiness and content together." Of course, many men backed off because I was not what they wanted but ones cannot blame on a woman's criteria or if the woman knows what she wants.

Grant it many women are afraid to be honest on their wants but they hope to capture men and change them to the ones they want later and I find that dishonest.

This is why I like many Western men because of their willingness to discuss the expectations which many Thai men find it rude and greedy for women to be ambitious.

I can honestly say that many Thai women feel that the "farangs" make more than their potential Thai partners and from the ones who have asked me to find the husbands for them, the main motivation is the financial comfort. If these "farangs" are making the same money as the Thais, they should forget about persuing any of these Thai women. It has nothing to do with your looks, charm or whatever, simple "financial stability".

I posted several times that in SOME relationship between "Thai/Farang" couples, if the money is out of the equation, many will fail. To be fair many "Thai/Thai" relationship also fail because of the money.

Jasmine ::

• 3 months later...

Archived