farang $tatu$ and thai women

pattaya127

Ok, you have it, GTG again (meaning non-sex worker) in the limelight.

My question is to all of you who have a thai woman/GTG as GF. Think about the money you have been spending with or for her (plane ticket for example), and now, take that away from the onset of the relatoinship, making it an almost equal spending affair, so that you do not spend more than she can herself, while together. I accept that you still pay the hotel and your LOS flights on top of this equal sharing of expenses, but only yours.

How far would the love story go? If hopeful that it would survive a thai/thai-like lifestyle, do you imagine how that would affect it?

More generally, how much is our status as the better-paid/moneyed farang counting in having a steady RT with a thai woman on an average middle-class salary (i dunno, between 20 and 30 some 000)?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and now, take that away from the onset of the relatoinship, making it an almost equal spending affair, so that you do not spend more than she can herself, while together.

P127, that doesn't work, off course! First, she knows you're white and have money, that's why you can pay for the ticket anyway, and now you want to spend 100 baht on a daily basis to see if she cares for you? :: If you behave like that, any ordinary girl would suspect that you must be a serious nut case.

Getting tight with money makes sense, spending (almost) as little as an ordinary thai makes no sense to me at all. BTW, why differ between a GTG and a BG in this matter? Seems a good way to separate the money hungry bitches from the nicer girls, whatever their background may be.

Cheers,

soongmak

why differ between a GTG and a BG in this matter?

-----------------------------------

Because i am interested in hearing if farangs with GTGs as gilrfriends think money does or does not play an active and permanent role in sustaining the RT.

Otherwise, I am one to think, once the RT is established, there is not a great difference (save personality of course) between all types of thai girls, and always said so. Money matters carrying the least difference, IMO.

I know this is a subject i bring about once in a while (one-sided disparity of income driving the RT ) and somehow, almost no one in such a RT wishes to answer. I am left alone, though standing to be corrected, to think that 95% of farang/thai couples are based on the guy participating one-sidedly in the couple's expenses and investments.

I read your post a few times & think I have an idea where your going :rolleyes::p

Well actually I may fit into that scenario somewhat, but only since 29aug03 :o

Now she's on B15.000 salary & I'm obviously on much more so as you said it's not really fair to only let me spend what she can afford, but so far she has always insisted pretty much on paying her part & also refused so far to let me sponsor her visiting me in europe so she still haven't been :o

On my upcoming xmas she has arranged & prepaid our new years break down to the island & pampered me with stuff in the mail more than I've her :o :o

So far she's the most 'GTG' I've met, but others before her have similarly refused any form of payment or pampering be it for sex, meals etc. & one even bough a mobile off me :cover:

Generally I've been able to clearly see the difference between the BG & the GTG in that respect as getting sex for free from a BG when paying for everything else & more does not really compare to the GTG IME.

Obviously I expect sooner or later to get to see the real GTG & her deeper motivations, but I guess that will only happen if I stick around long enough :cover:

Hmm great post by the way :up:

Money is one factor, but I believe other factors must be looked at. For example, my girl friend works with. She can do just about as good a job as I can do. In some areas, she is better at doing some things then I am. We look at it as a relationship. I have employees, but I find she can do some things better, faster, and without complaining, which makes her a valuable asset. She makes an excellent travel companion, somebody I can enjoy a meal with along with conversation. I provide more money then she does to the relationship, but I consider money to be the least important factor in the relationship.

It's not that I've got anything against covering most of the expenses if finding myself in a relationship with a much poorer partner & I've got several like minded friends in such relationships where 1 is with a (G)TG & it's a very happy marriage running into perhaps 3rd year & 1 son so far living in LOS most of the time though...

So the 95% is probably not a half bad guestimate, but it's always somewhat desireable to be in that minority group ain't it?

So what you are saying is that if the gf or wife is not working and contributes no money to the relationship she is just in it for the money? I know many, many women that do not work outside the home, both in the US and overseas, are they just in it for the money? : ::

IMHO, you and your partner are either together or your not. If you are so worried about if someone is taking advantage of you financially, be prepared to spend the rest of your life alone.

TH

Hi,

"I am left alone, though standing to be corrected, to think that 95% of farang/thai couples are based on the guy participating one-sidedly in the couple's expenses and investments."

And why would this be different for thai/thai couples or farang/farang couples?

In the vast majority of relationships around the world the man makes the money, while the woman stays home taking care of house / children.

Sorry, but I do not understand what the point is of this thread.

Sanuk!

I don't understand why it's so hard to see the point? Thailand is a third world country where a large part of the population is considerably less affluent financially but also in social security, education & health care matters than most Westerners. This disparity is of course something to take into account in a Thai-Farang relationship.

So, this is how I read the purpose of this thread: "What's your thoughts?"

I don't want to get too personal on a public board but I can say that in my household we basically share all expenses 50-50.

As for the following:

------------------------------

In the vast majority of relationships around the world the man makes the money, while the woman stays home taking care of house / children.

------------------------------

My perception is actually that a large percentage of women in both (Northern) Europe and Thailand pitch in to the household thru work done outside of the home.

I thought the point of the thread was stated clearly in the first post: when it comes to a thai/farang couple "How far would the love story go?" (if farang stopped spending)

I agree with thaihome that if you sit around worrying that you are being taken advantage of financially you'll end up alone, so don't think too much. But the question raised here still shows up in a farang's thoughts at least occasionally even involuntarily.

All farang think there are alot of thai girls who are hooked up with farang only for the money. But if you ask these same farang about their own relationship, without exception every one will step back and say "Hey wait a minute, my thai girl loves me 100%." :: Some will even say "look, she takes care of me, never asks for baht and even spends what little she has on me." This could mean she is not in it for the money, or the opposite. In other words you learn from these acts no ultimate truths about her love.

As a group (yes i'm racist), TGs are unique in their abilities. They can figure out and truly know a farang's emotional needs, they can adapt their overall behavior to expectations tho they still shock us by going off the deep end every few weeks or so (which makes us love them more).

A farang's expectations regarding the extent of his tg's love is often out of line with the reality of the circumstance.

p127, i think this question is unanswerable. The majority of guys who believe they know for absolute certain that their tg will stay if the baht dried up are blissfully full of shit IMHO.

Archived