My First GTG After All These Years

luckyfarang

I have been coming to Thailand for 19 years, and never, until this week, had a GTG girlfriend. Of course I had met some GTG?s over the years, but never pursued one, or had one interested in me. Now through a chance encounter, I?ve met a nice young girl far younger and cuter than I could ever date back home in farangland, and we get on like we?ve known each other forever. I guess if you wait long enough anyplace, lightning will strike.

What are my criteria for GTG? Never done a short time or a long time (and never will), and had plenty of opportunities. Now I?m thinking, what have I gotten myself into?

It was all so simple in the olden days, just roar up to the tourist brothel on our motorbikes at 6pm opening time to choose a girl before the full lineup was picked over, no conversation or short time was available, my Thai was rudimentary, their English non existent. You picks your girl, you pays your $20, you takes your chances.

When I first laid eyes on this sweet young thing in her mini skirt and spike heels, late last Friday night, all by herself, and quite near the most notorious P4P zone in town, I didn?t want to jump to any conclusions, but I had little doubt that she was on the game in some fashion. The fact that she was very friendly to a farang stranger, and spoke very good English only seemed to confirm my suspicions.

Now I find out that she rarely dresses sexily like that or ever goes out alone at night, is a vegetarian, eats no meat at all, only fish, and likes to go to temple frequently. She reads a lot of books on religion, strictly obeys her parents, has a university degree and has worked several legitimate jobs, is currently interviewing for several positions, and has several firm job offers. And she?s very inexperienced in the bedroom, which many would consider a plus. Yes, a real GTG. And she occasionally has a glass of wine and likes to go out to pubs and listen to music, but I have never seen her do this, and she?s definitely not a DEK THEEO.

One category that rarely gets mentioned is GTG?s that are actively or passively looking for a farang boyfriend.

Pattaya127 said:

[color:"blue"]<<<I have heard many GTG/farang stories this year, and though it all started without payment for sex, it pretty much ended up like a BG story, mostly about the girl having many suitors and the one winning the prize being the providing one. Not a rule, of course.

In the cases of happy GTG/farang love stories, it is extremely rare that they would go very far, if the farang is either not getting married making a visa, or not participating in most expenses the couple encounters. Which brings us back to behavior pretty similar between a BG/farang in love with each other.>>> [/color]

There has been no payment for sex, and no other suitors at all, to my knowledge, but I don?t delude myself that my ability to support her financially did not play a serious role in her attraction to me. And being with her may be no less expensive than being with a P4P girl. I don?t think any well off man minds sharing with his less well off young lover, but any hint of P4P in her past would be a serious concern, and rightly so. So my definition of GTG is no quid pro quo, although money is usually always a factor except in the few rare cases of a relationship with a well off GTG.

Ib13 said:

[color:"blue"] <<<and if you shag a (non smoking non drinking!) GTG (on the 1st night) she's most definitely declared herself no longer a GTG anymore>>> [/color]

What about the second or third or fourth night? Conventional wisdom is that it takes a long time to get past the hand holding stage with a GTG, but some girls are far more modern than others, and you can?t really generalize about the length of time that is proper to wait for sexual relations. Suffice it to say, that the relationship progressed to the bedroom way more quickly than I would have imagined possible. And this might conflict with some people?s definition of GTG.

So now I have the benefits and disadvantages of a real love based relationship, real warmth and feeling, jealousy, guilt about any opportunities to wander even though we have no really firm commitment yet, inlaws to deal with, money issues.

As they say, be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

sure it's not meant to take forever to get into the panties of a GTG, but I just mentioned the common clichee of 24h minimum grace period :neener:

I mean if it'd take forever there'd be no point even discussing GTG's on this board would there? :p

still I was surprised to say the least when this GTG GF one day on chat said, out of the blue, that certainly she did not consider herself a GTG anymore after she slept with me on our 1st date(<24h grace period)...

now 2 things of interest here for me. firstly I was pleased to see an actual TG's use the term 'good thai girl' & that her definition was pretty close to our perceived one - that by shagging a farang senseless as she couldn't help herself after the 1st night out meant she had done something really bad :o

Bpai cha cha noi krap ...

Just being the voice of balance.Good luck but keep your wits about you... :: :p

I agree that this concept that the GTGs don't like a shag is BS -

Personal knowledge there-lots.but still hmm McDonalds late on Friday-nite (next to Robinson?)-mini skirt ...spike heels-surely dok Farang-(Farang fishing) hmmm..there is always that large grey area in the BKK polulace or anywhere for that matter.

Enjoy but be careful...

I am just trying to be supportive but realistic noetheless ::

Flame on boys

Archived