Whiskey recommendations

Zaad

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Zaad,

I prefer bourbob, like Jim Beam, which is a bourbob (OH!) and most of all Jack Daniels.

Like you I'm an occasional drinker.

Here's a tip, whenever you walk into Don Muang tax free, get a bottle of Gentleman jack, real classy stuff, like a longer stored Jack (similar to what they to with Cognacs), a litre bottle very reasonable priced and lots better than the normal Jack. They even have .75 bottles of an even better quality, but they are really expensive but absolutely great!

Makers Mark as already mentioned, is a top notch brand of Bourbon as well.

If you like good English whiskey, try Johnny Walker Blue label.

Guest lazyphil

I prefer The Dogs Bollocks Myself--Pedigree is sound though--Adnams Broadside is fine as is Greene King IPA :beer: :beer:...We dont produce any Whiskey as far as I know??? :dunno:

First decide your country. Are you looking for Scotch whisky, Irish whiskey or one of the other country's whiskies?

The widest variety is from Scotland.

Sticking with Scotland, do you want a malt or blended?

If you're into malts then there are quite a number of regional variations. Many are quite famous household names, (well in our house anyway.) I notice a lot of peatiness in some of the single malts. Others are so strong with a smell reminiscent of paint thinner. Some older malts are virtually unpalatable and have to be mixed with water. Quite often a blend is preferable. Especially to someone like meself who likes his booze straight, apart from a chunk of ice from time to time.

If you don't want to pay silly money for quite often what is little more than a snobbish label then you could do worse than trying Thailand's own Spey Royal. "It's alright!"

Personally I'd go for an Irish whiskey, like Jamesons. Very smooth.

Archived