Whiskey recommendations

Zaad

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All,

Thanks for the recommendations :up:

I have 11 bottles on my list and can't wait to go back to the liquor shop to search for some of them :) I know what my Christmas presents will be.

Sukhumvit,

The problem is that I don't exactly know what the differences (in taste) are between Irish, Scotish, blended, malt..

Both Chivas and Johnny W. are Scotish (blended) and that's what I like.

But I'm definitely open to try others as mentioned here, especially Makers Mark, Glenmorangie, Daniels, Glen Livet, Beam and Jamesons....

Guest lazyphil

In my Postman days (never actually went postal but close :help:) I'd get money and gifts at xmas from my customers--one being a bottle of Scotch from a Jock--'Isle of Jura' :drunk:--I never did see this in shops but it must be sold somewhere??

lazyphil said:

Glenmorangie is about the best single malt I've tasted--not sure if found in the LOS :dunno: but its worth tracking down.

I have to second this as its the one with the most peaty flavour and really makes other brands taste second rate. There is a big difference between blended and malt and also between different malts. I cannot stand the taste of Glenfidich as it tastes like creosote to me, also some blened ones such as bells taste very crude. I dont think American rye drinks should be called whiskey at all and certainly not the muck called thai whiskey.There is a bottle in a glass case at heathrow airport in the world of Whiskey shop, a snip at 24 thousand pounds!! Only a few were made I think about 1930. It was bought at auction for about 20,000 and they are selling it on, cannot remember the distillery-peter

Archived