A night on Walking Street.

Just thought I would chime in on the walking street bars. I've been going there every night for about the last week. Went to Peppermint a couple nights ago with two other guys and three ladies. They refused to let one of us in after finding a camera in one of our bags... actually all three of us had cameras, but they only stumbled upon the one. Never seen anything like this happen before and the doorman seemed to have an especially nasty attitude.

Finished off the night in Paris agogo before a quickie visit to Marine where I picked up an off duty Carousel girl for LT. She was ok, with nice hairless pussy, but left early around 9am. Still, not bad for 1K baht. :)

I'll check on a few more bars there tonight and maybe post again in a day or two.

So many bars, so little time. :(

ST

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told that it is cameras that they are looking for when they search your bag at the door of Peppermint.

I was sitting right beside the stage in Living Dolls showcase last night and a guy sitting opposite me was using his phone to take pics of the show but was being very careful to make it look like he was sending an SMS message. He put it away when he saw me looking at him................

I just think this is out of order. And you all know I love taking photos, but I do it with the girls permission...........

Uniformguy

Hi uniformguy,

Keep the good reports coming.

When you go to AC, you can count on having your bag searched and maybe passing through a metal detector and even emptying out your pockets. Of course, there they are looking more for guns, knives, and nuclear weapons. :)

This really cramped my style as I usually go out with a bag of goodies for the ladies as well as some treats in my pockets for them too. I just gave up taking a bag out because of the hassle.

BTW, I have to wonder about the quality of those photos being taken with a cell phone in a bar...

Sorry to hear about your hassles at Peppermint. Blame the wankers who came before you and abused the NO video NO cameras notice.

Peppermint got closed down for a month this year during the Social Order campaign before APEC. A farang police informant (may he rot in hell! :onfire:) sent a pic via his phone and the nation's finest "nipple patrol" raided.... while elsewhere cops ignored helmetless drunken motorcyclists who were cracking theirs and others' skulls open, and "real" crims were relieving tourists of their gold chains and wallets... TIT.

So understandably they're a bit paranoid now.

Anyone with a camera could easily be a tabloid reporter looking for the usual morally indignant story, sold for 30 pieces of silver, when the sad bastard would really love to be living here instead of waking up next to his hirsute, cellulite challenged feminazi missus in farangland :grinyes:

:beer:

• 3 weeks later...

The door guys at Peppermint are searching for cameras and mobiles with cameras as you rightly suggest. I asked one of the management at Happy why they did n't do the same (as same company) and it is only a problem in Peppermint due to its size and number of customers - whereas they can keep control of it in Happy. I regularly saw the service guys checking any mobiles on or near the stage, including picking them up and checking for the camera.

Like you I also saw some pretty indiscreet use of camera mobiles in Living Dolls Showcase - with one guy quizzically typying a text message above his head for about 10 mins. Also on New Year's Eve there was a virtual free for all with flashes going off in all corners of the bar.

In Diamond A Gogo ( a surprisingly unmentioned little gem ) there were a couple of different guys taking pictures, one with a digital camera and one with an SLR throughout the time they were in there, seemingly with no problems from the girls or management. When I asked a couple of girls from other GoGos how this was possible they put it down to the bars having either Thai Police connections or paying heavily for certain privileges - which was a completely different angle to the protecting the girls modesty that I thought the 'No Photo' rule was in place for.

Archived