Thais Just Walk Off

Torneyboy

jasmine said:

[color:"red"] BTW i make a point to say hi to all Thais we meet..functions..or in the street...so

[/color]

May be they don't want to see you cry when they must go? :neener:

I don't know TB, strange people to me.

Jasmine

Ha ha Jasmine.

Strange ...i guess :dunno:

Other posters have had this happen as well.

Not just me :neener:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Khun_Kong said:

I've noticed a similar thing also when my TGF finishes a phone conversation- it seems to just end, with no "closing". I asked her how she knows when the conversation is finished. She tells me, "Just know". Grrr!

A girl once asked me what the proper way to finish telephone conversations in English is, as she said she always has trouble figuring out a polite way to hang up the phone when talking with foreigners. I've noticed that a few gals, including my current interest, seem to hang up in mid-conversation. Sometimes there's a 'kae ni na' ('that's all') but other times they just cut off the call without any sort of formality whatsoever.

Cheers!

I remember one time in LOndon, i was asking directions, and the person who graciously helped me went off so fast, i did not even have time to say thank you, goodbye or good evening. A year later, i was staying with squatters in Camden town, a US friend had invited me, never met so unfriendly cliquish people. That was pre-Cantona days, I must say!!!!! :down:

suadum said:

Hmmm. I always hear wifey saying "Ka, ka, 'watdee ka." at the end. Seems reasonable to me. Of course in Angrit, it's always "bye bye" no matter the seriousness of the conversation LOL!

Cheers,

SD

Hi

After just been away with a large group of thais for a short break.

They just drive off as well.

Some just went outside and drove off while we were on our way out to try and say good bye :doah:

My wife and i arranged to meet a few of them at a pre arranged beach ..for a swim and lunch....after an hour we went back to the house .."What Happened""...""oh we stayed here and played cards"" :banghead:

Just one of many examples this last few days

Hi TB,

hehe. Don`t I know that one.

I know a cop in Krabi. He has a wife and 2 small kids.

My friend and I arranged a trip to the beach for him, the wife and kids and he was pleased to hear that.

We arranged to pick them all up at noon at their place. When we arrived the cop was not there. So we sat down had a couple of cups of coffee and after an hour and a half he finally came. He was very sorry but he had been watching this great Muay Thai fight on the telly.

Well, no big deal, but mayby we should go now before the sun sets?

Well, he would "really like" to go but now his mates (fellow officers) had arranged a card game and who was he to say no to this "unique offer". (They play just about every day)

But couldn`t we just take his wife and kids to the beach ourselves?

Tjuuure. We arranged the trip to the beach mostly for their sake anyway, as they seldomly had the opportunity to go anywhere.

cheers

Hua Nguu

Sometimes there's a 'kae ni na' ('that's all') but other times they just cut off the call without any sort of formality whatsoever.

In Isaan (or at least the area that I know) I've noticed it's common to end telephone conversations with "Tonee deau". I think is the exact same as in Thai 'kae ni na' ("that's all") and it's very common.

An average Isaan telephone conversation goes like this:

-- euh!

-- euh!

-- euh!

-- tonee deau!

[click]

::

Hua Nguu said:

Hi TB,

hehe. Don`t I know that one.

I know a cop in Krabi. He has a wife and 2 small kids.

My friend and I arranged a trip to the beach for him, the wife and kids and he was pleased to hear that.

We arranged to pick them all up at noon at their place. When we arrived the cop was not there. So we sat down had a couple of cups of coffee and after an hour and a half he finally came. He was very sorry but he had been watching this great Muay Thai fight on the telly.

Well, no big deal, but mayby we should go now before the sun sets?

Well, he would "really like" to go but now his mates (fellow officers) had arranged a card game and who was he to say no to this "unique offer". (They play just about every day)

But couldn`t we just take his wife and kids to the beach ourselves?

Tjuuure. We arranged the trip to the beach mostly for their sake anyway, as they seldomly had the opportunity to go anywhere.

cheers

Hua Nguu

Hi

Glad i am not alone!

Crazy imo

They love games.

The card game we were playing was...you get two cards:

Aim is to get 9.....or 8/7 you bet (up to the banker) 50c-1$....they love it :banghead:

• 2 months later...

Archived