Lost focus in left eye

stumpy

Whilst working on the computer last night suddenly lost focus in left eye. Never worn or needed glasses so I had this checked out at the hospital and they said no cause for concern. Focus is starting to return although pupil still dilated from the drops they put in.

My question is what would cause something like this? No injury to eye or object went in to it. No pain, loss of focus only, no total loss of vision and no black spots.

Thanks in advance,

SD.

As the medical staff said, I would doubt this is anything to be overly concerned about - though, like you, I wouldn't be too happy about it either.

You say that you were using the computer at the time, so I'm thinking that you've got some kind of eyestrain on the focusing muscles of your left eye, which will soon sort itself out.

I'm don't know what part of the world you come from - but in the UK, and the whole of the European Union, there is legislation to restrict the amount of time that employees can spend in one go in front of a computer monitor. This is because VDU work is known to cause eye strain. Try to break your VDU time up with a short break every halfhour or so, even if you just grab a coffe, or look out of the window - the point is to look at something at a different distance. I do this, and it has helped with the headaches that I used to get after an hour or so of uninterrupted surfing...

Remember, there's also nothing to stop you getting a second opinion if you're really worried. It may even be worth the money for the peace of mind you'ld get from hearing the same thing from two sources.

Regards,

dvarpala

:beer:

Hi, Thanks, yes it is slowly returning to normal. Pupil still dilated some 30 hours after the drops went in that the doctor said would wear off after 1.5 hours.

Think I am a little run down as I have been working a lot lately, be time for a trip to Thailand soon for the sake of my health!

Cheers,

SD.

stumpdog said:

Whilst working on the computer last night suddenly lost focus in left eye...My question is what would cause something like this? No injury to eye or object went in to it. No pain, loss of focus only, no total loss of vision and no black spots...

That's interesting. :) I often get exactly the same "blurry vision" condition, but, in my case, it occurs in both eyes and is more of the "double vision" sort. It's almost always after 8 lunchtime heinekens and a half bottle of tequila :drunk:, though I don't know if that's medically connected. Perhaps one of the medics on this board could enlighten me?

I generally find, though, that, come the next morning, normal vision has returned, though my eyes are dry and itchy and noticeably bloodshot, unless it's the weekend, then I just keep boozing and can't see straight for 48 hours :o.

Usually okay by about Tuesday lunchtime though. :up:

Hope that's helpful. :)

jack :help:

stumpdog said: Whilst working on the computer last night suddenly lost focus in left eye. Never worn or needed glasses so I had this checked out at the hospital and they said no cause for concern. Focus is starting to return although pupil still dilated from the drops they put in.

Consider yourself lucky. On several occasions, I've lost the focus of my entire life.

Generally, it is easily restored by application of a RT CHO-BKK ticket.

Archived