THAI ELITE CARD: Price double for expats in 2004

yes, i am also worried that this trend of making things harder is going to get worse. but for the moment, as long as i was not forced to spend the 400K every year and bring in new money (again, not that 400K a year is a huge amount, but i feel it is up to me how much i spend) then things arent too bad.

we shall see i supose.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>I do consider this a rather substantial amount of money, as I am sure so most people working here in Thailand

Agree. 400K upcountry brings you a good house, even a western bathroom in it.

The amount is so big that absence of it (or, rather a portion of it would suffice) drove many girls into...you know what I mean.

KS,

This is the kind of thing that worries me when I see relatively young guys - 30s or even 40s - who've done well for themselves and talk about retiring early to Thailand.

They may have enough to do it today, but such folk have a long time to live and things change with time. It's bad enough that the government keeps upping the ante while Thailand continues to be a 3rd-world country - granted, a very up-side 3rd-world country. What will happen if they should ever get their act together and make some real progress?

Grabii

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

I have the 400K, but this is yet another of a long string of increasing (doubling more often than not) the requirements. It is that that is pissing me off / has me worried.

Sanuk!

Hey, the Thai stock index has doubled since last may! Why not marriage visas and VIP cards?!

Seems like greed among the elite (who are no doubt enjoying the stock market rise the most) is running a little higher than normal at the moment.

what a brainfart that card is. LMAO!

i am in great anticipation on how that story is going to develop - it's been a long time since we have had some amusement like the saudi jewellery scandal etc.

there is something like that in the making...

::

Archived