Jasmine Suites- a not yet discovered gem

jigger

I stayed at the Jasmine Suites on the corner of

Soi 23 for a couple weeks this month. A great experience

all round! The place is brand new, hardly broken in,

the staff is helpful, and the Internet connection works well.

One bedroom apartment with a big TV and a stereo

system for 3000B/night.

You can see Soi Cowboy from the windows, and security is very guest-friendly.

So, for a 5-star hotel experience without all the hoopla-

I can certainly recommend it.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just read someone posting about being thoroughly dissapointed with Jasmin Suites. It is a message from the Nanapong board (If i may say so): http://forums.delphiforums.com/nanapong/messages?msg=12864.1

For those who don't have access:

[color:"blue"] As Jasmines former #1 proponent, I regret to inform all of you of the sad state of affairs there.

#1-- security--Almost $2000 was missing from my room safe. After a week in BKK, I counted my money and found that only $3100 was left out of $6000. Everyone knows that I don't drink, so I can't blame it on that. I am a seasoned traveler and NEVER EVER open the safe when ANYONE else is in the room. I became doubly aware when the count was $3100 because I always exchange $500 at a time. I quite accurately figured that I spent about $1000 that first week and that there was no way that I spent $3000, so about $2000 was missing.

We went to the Police twice but as far as I can tell, they haven't done much. They want to blame it on a "joiner". I really expected that the Management would accept some of the responsibility and comp me some time but no way. I believe that it was either a professional or an inside job but they refuse to accept that. I know exactly how much money that I had and I confirmed it with a call to the US before I went to management. So, I checked out of there for good. I don't feel secure in leaving my money in their room safe.

#2 They have security guards and they see every girl(s) that I bring in. Some days I bring one in early and another one (or 2) late. Well, my most regular girl told me that the guard told her all about my escapades, including the multiples. I had already told this girl that I was a butterfly and she deals with it (kinda') but it is absolutely intolerable behavior for an employee of the property to discuss personal/private business.

#3--the air conditioning is atrocious! I kept thinking that eventually they would correct it but it is not going to happen. The thermostat is useless. It gets so cold in there that I have to turn the system on and off, on and off. When it is on it blows directly on you.

#4 The tub/shower is so poorly designed that every shower results in the floor being flooded.

#5 When I checked out after 18 days and because of their security breach, they tried to charge me for the entire month!!!! What a bunch of horse shit. I am leaving because of their problem and they have the balls to try and charge me for 12 days that I wouldn't even be there. The GM, after an argument, finally relented and I only paid for 18 days.

BE CAREFUL OF THE JASMINE--PROTECT YOUR VALUABLES BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT SAFE THERE.

Smokey

I had hoped that I would be staying there for many years but the above problems, especially the money has driven me away

[/color]

Hi,

opening of the safes are not that easy. My safe in Floraville stopped working and it took the electrician 15 minutes to open it - all the time supervised by a guard and a manager (and me)! That was the safety procedure of that place back in 1999 - the electrician and the guard didn't have any master keys to the apartments!

elef

Stayed there in Sept, bathrooms are poor with no seperate shower and the bath attachment floods the floor.Aircon noisy. Nice restaurant and pool area but I don't think it can be compared to a five star hotel, good location if a go go bars are of interest-peter

I agree about the bathrooms and the aircon. I found that if you put a face towel down along the tile between the tub and the wall, you can prevent the flooding that happens every time you take a shower. Really poor design that will have to be corrected, one way or another.

I only tried the restaurant for a couple of breakfasts, but there was hardly anyone in there, only one waiter, and the food and service were lousy. Not even on par with other apartments I've stayed in, let alone hotels, except for the Omni.

On the positive side, I love seeing my name misspelled on the welcome sign in the lobby. Makes me feel speshun. ::

In no way can it be compared to a hotel for service, but I've stayed there twice and I'd stay there again, just for the proximity to Cowboy and Soi 33. It's nice not having to cross Asoke. Rembrandt Apartments are prolly a better value though, and not too bad a location either.

Would like to know how you think about Smokey's incident though.

Wow, someone actually wants to know what I think? :drunk:

Thanks for caring, Peter. :hug:

I think Smokey shouldn't have been keeping so much USD in his room safe. Better left in the bank.

That aside, it sounds like he got pretty shabby treatment from the management, considering the countless room nights (mine included) they've gotten from his referrals. I would not expect them to take responsibility for the loss, just some sort sympathetic gesture would be appropriate, I think. :dunno:

I do know Smokey well and he is a straight up guy. He also does not drink, so he did not drunkenly piss it away like I might.

The theft makes sense to me to be an inside job. His procedure of exchanging money in $500 increments show that someone was in there (as $3100 was left). The fact that they did not take it all points to an inside job trying to delay the knowledge of the crime to last possible moment (the safe only has a 12 number memory).

Cheers,

SD

Archived