Reasons For Men Who Like Being "A Bachelor"

>> So, he's 54 never married nor sprogs. Could be that he's just got out of the monkey house after a long stretch. <<

I am almost fourty, never been married and no children. And I have no intention to do so in the near future. And, no, I don't have a criminal record and I am not gay (while having some friends that are and that is very much of ok for me, but I am not).

And, yes, I am happy with it!! :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gummigut said:

Gah, he's fifty some odd. Set in his ways. He doesn't want or fears closeness. You've tried knocking and while he cracks the door open, it's still chained.

MOVE ON

You're getting older too!

<<burp>>

All that's been said so far is just so much speculation, and in a very short time at that. First impressions are just that but have shed no light on who this man is, what his attitude or interests are in respect to P_Pla, the bachelor life he leads, his comfort with same, or his sexuality for that matter. And actually we know precisely nothing of his current opinion of P-Pla (let alone the possibility of his thoughts changing).

In my worldview, as a male having been divorced for 10 years at 44 young years today, with 2 major relationships under my belt in the time since wherein one was from Heaven and the other from Hell and with the last having transpired over 3 years past I was a 'desperate' man pre-Thailand. But that changed radically with my first day in LoS. Having made the delightful discovery of the LoS-Thai-females-from-heaven outnumbering males was a revelation and cause for great comfort to my bachelor life. Throw in the time-share/rental-options lifestyle available to me in the 'scene' and suddenly it's a WHOLE NEW WORLD.

As such a man as I am now with his bachelor world turned upside down I went from a man who thought time was working against me to a man who suddenly had the luxury of it on my side (read here: choises, choises, choices :: ). Thus, I would offer this woman this-- the best advise to you is be yourself, be real, be not rushed, and simply show this man who and what you are and what you can offer him then. His being in the LoS is a position of (significant!!! :hubba:) comfort, most likely (I know I'd be in heaven and very slow to choose were I in his shoes), and there will need to be a significant compatibility of interest on his part for him to leap into you and share his world (what ever that may be).

So, P_Pla, relax! And cultivate the 'possbile' between you, as any mutual interest will only be found out in time.....tic...toc...tic...toc... best wishes though, sincerly!

gummigut said:

Gah, he's fifty some odd. Set in his ways. He doesn't want or fears closeness. You've tried knocking and while he cracks the door open, it's still chained.

MOVE ON

You're getting older too!

<<burp>>

All that's been said so far is just so much speculation, and in a very short time at that. First impressions are just that but have shed no light on who this man is, what his attitude or interests are in respect to P_Pla, the bachelor life he leads, his comfort with same, or his sexuality for that matter. And actually we know precisely nothing of his current opinion of P-Pla (let alone the possibility of his thoughts changing).

In my worldview, as a male having been divorced for 10 years at 44 young years today, with 2 major relationships under my belt in the time since, wherein one was from Heaven and the other from Hell, and with the last having transpired over 3 years past I was a 'desperate' man pre-Thailand. But that view changed radically with my first day in LoS. Having made the delightful discovery of the LoS-Thai-females-from-heaven outnumbering males was a revelation and cause for great comfort to my bachelor lifeview. Throw in the time-share/rental-options lifestyle available to me in the 'scene' and suddenly it's a WHOLE NEW LUXURIOUS WORLDVIEW :drunk::applause::grinyes:

As such a man that he too may be, and as I am surely now, with his bachelor world turned upside down I went (in the blink of an eye) from a man who thought time was working against me to a man who suddenly had the luxury of it on my side (read here: choices, choices, choices :: ). Thus, I would offer this-- be yourself, be real, be not rushed, and simply show this man who and what you are and what you can offer him thus. His being in the LoS is a position of (significant!!! :hubba:) comfort, most likely (I know I'd be in heaven and very slow to choose were I in his shoes), and there will need to be a significant compatibility of interest on his part for him to leap into you and share his world (what ever that may be).

So, P_Pla, relax! And cultivate the 'possible' between you, as any mutual interest will only be found out in time.....tic...toc...tic...toc... best wishes though. Sincerely!

It seems to me that he doesn't want to feel that I'm so important to him by cancelling our dating or telling me that he just want to be by himself sometimes.

For me everyone is important enough not to cancel a date. (It can happen though but then I will explain why I can't come. And no, just to say that I want to be alone isn't a reason to cancel a date.)

It could be that he plays with you (nothing attracts a woman as much as a man who she can't catch.) Just try to do the same the next time, ie. cancel a date yourself.

And only try to make a date with him one time, then wait till he tries to make a date.

Actually I am surprised: you aren't a tenny anymore and you had allready a relationship. Don't you know that you shouldn't go more than one or two step forward? And then wait till he goes one step forward too?

By the way I had one relationship with a girl and she also managed to ruin a plan or stop it from happening. Finally I had to admit that she didn't love me. But I was more patient than you (4 years!!!).

Best regards

the best advise to you is be yourself, be real, be not rushed, and simply show this man who and what you are and what you can offer him then. His being in the LoS is a position of (significant!!! ) comfort, most likely (I know I'd be in heaven and very slow to choose were I in his shoes), and there will need to be a significant compatibility of interest on his part for him to leap into you and share his world (what ever that may be).

Thank you very much for your nice advice. That's about something that I'm trying to do...be real, not rushed, and show him who I am and what I can offer him. Now I just try to spend time with him and let things go naturally and make him slowly feel that I'm apart of his life that will fullfil something that he is missing and make him feel even happier by he will not even realize (but before he knows, he will find himself falling in love with me...sound like a plan, hur?) Honestly, I just know that we are really good together because we always have a good time when we are together and I also can feel his tenderness and warmth, except he needs to open his heart more and welcome me into it. I think I got nothing to lose, but to find someone who you really want to be with is rarely to find.

Hello,

For me ages make no difference in a relationship. The most important to me is the ability to communicate, it does not have to be that the 2 people think alike, what is needed is thinking together and willing to show that the he/she cares to share parts of life with one another.

That being said, if I were you, I will take my time, 2 months is nothing, especially with a clam like the man you described. To be in love and potential partner, IMO, ones must open up.

If he cares, Sis, he will open up, if he does not (after a few more months), he does not want you to know him, that is all.

Good Luck :hug:

Ah C'mon P_PLA...

He's playing the old Jedi Mind Trick... or he's seeing someone else.

The jedi mind trick? play the i dont care bit and they want you even more. "You wanna cancel our date honey?... fine, i wanted to go out to the disco with some friends anyway... What? Now u dont wanna be alone after all?"

Look at u... gushing infatuation and asking strangers to help figure out some old fart.

Either the above or he's got some other girl hanging around... i know.

P_Pla: You ask if he's afraid of getting hurt. I must ask you the same question. Perhaps you're only attracted to him because you're afraid of getting hurt in a relationship with a younger, more attractive and compelling person.

Do you Thai girls understand that this man's chances of getting involved with a 26 yr old in his own country are between slim and none? Geez, even mine are and I'm 22 and hung like John Holmes.

Archived