Upgrade at departure counter / Thai Air

buffalo_bill

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi IB13,

On my only trip with PIA I had the misfortune to be forced to stay the night at a lousy hotel in Karachi with my thai wife. Although food and transportation was included in the ticket, there they all would be standing with their outstretched hands. And they way the guys were looking at my wife and asking me all kinds of questions about her. :cussing:

Besides, on the flight I had this stewardess pouring me coke from a large 1½ Litre bottle. While pouring a co-worker called her name and she just turned while still pouring and ½ litre of coke ended down in my lap.

:onfire:

She didn`t even offer an apology just gave me some tissue paper and went on. :down:

Bottom line: You wont see this guy on PIA ever again.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

• 3 weeks later...

Had a Thai Airways Economy class ticket to London and wanted to upgrade to Business. After looking at the product I scrapped the ticket and flew BA Club World. A different proposition altogether.

Royal Executive Class

BA Club World

Admitted, the cost of flying Club World one way is the same as the current cost of flying in the THAI Business cabin on a return trip with the current THAI promotion.

I would far rather travel Thai Airways International any day than BA! I had a major bust up with BA many years agoand have never flown with them since. The TG planes may be older and you do not get the same facilities as you do in BA but who the hell needs them? Have a couple of drinks, eat a little then go to sleep! Have you ever seen a BA Steward / ess clean a toilet in mid flight? Or even smile at you? I rest my case!

The only thing I wouls ask is that Thai put power points in their Business Class seats. I have a theory that the current TG 747's are old SIA planes, can anyone confirm this?

I've had a laugh with BA stewardesses in the past.

Honestly, the stewardesses in Club World were not much to write home about.

Facilities? I'd say that it certainly makes a difference having a flat bed, not only that but you can watch the TV screen from a horizontal position.

The personal reading lights with three brightness levels. The privacy panels. Electronically adjustable seats with variable lumbar support...

Facilities do make a difference. THAI for me are bog standard. They really need to upgrade their product.

2005 is the year mooted for their upgrades.

Archived