Upgrade at departure counter / Thai Air

buffalo_bill

Dear fello boarzmen,

did I just receive a call from Thai Frankfurt saying my miles are not enough to upgrade my travel companion on the BKK-FRA leg back home and I answerded they should do just what I asked them to do in my letter : I buy the additional miles . And they said does not work because can only buy 30000 miles and need 48000 and too expensive anyway. Did I say what do we do now . Answer Thai Air : buy upgrade at the counter when checking in and costs 520 USD. Gentlemen , what a deal ! This is from Biz to First , no idea about Eco to Biz. Should be considerably cheaper. Travel in style and check it out. Just need a plane with space enough in your target class.

Says BuBi

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bubi,

I asked in december as well, but upgrade from cattle class to business.

Paying with miles that is 40K miles or 400 Euro at checkin, one way of course.

From experience, go at counter, flash your little gold card, and 50 % chance they will upgrade you for free.........

You heard it from BB first :)

Cheers !

Hi,

in Copenhagen they're less and less willing to upgrade gold cards. 2-3 times they told: "today we will upgrade our gold cards", kept us waiting 2 hours and in the end no upgrade. I prefer sitting in SAS 1st class lounge instead of waiting.

Most of the year (stopped dec 1 2003 and will start, if I remember correctly, april 2004) you can buy an upgrade same time as booking for 500 USD, from economy to business or business to 1st, one way.

If you study Thai Airways Member's Handbook upgrading Europe-Bangkok cost 40000 miles economy to business and 50000 miles business to 1st - one way.

You can buy up to 20000 miles - the price is 100 USD for 5000 miles!

elef

BBoy ,

>>From experience, go at counter, flash your little gold card, and 50 % chance they will upgrade you for free.........

You heard it from BB first <<

Merci bien, but what in case nobody upgrades you ? Also I doubt that you will be successful receiving an upgrade to First and if it is just for catering reasons. Uncertainties uncertainties ... Me no like. :nono:

BuBi

Just checked Thai Airways homepage and Bill's correct and my Handbook is too old! :devil:

"Mileage Purchase

If your account does not contain sufficient mileage for the Award you intend to request, Royal Orchid Plus miles can be purchased, from 2,500 miles, and in increments of 2,500, up to a maximum of 30,000 miles."

elef

Archived