buffalo_bill

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi BB,

Hua Nguu said:

500-600 US for an upgrade?

Wow, you guys are way out of my league

That is what I spend on 2 weeks vacation in LOS.

One-way ????

No, I am airline staff :angel:

So that would be return ticket and including everything.

But still I think that is a lot of money.

I am a bit financially challenged after 6 trips to LOS last year :(

cheers

Hua Nguu

HN,

Lemme clarify that I never paid for an upgrade with money..... I always buy tickets in cattle class, but upgrade frequently by using miles and by nagging the checkin by flashing the goldcard :)

6 trips he ? same here...... 4 trips to LOS and paid 2 trips to the GF to visit me :)

Red,

Be aware that 'free' upgrades are way more easy to obtain when leaving from BKK.....

Cheers !

Hi Hua Nguu,

if I pay the ticket myself I always go cattle class as BB. Once I bought 5000 extra miles for 100 USD to upgrade CPH-BKK, but not BKK-CPH. I've been upgraded some times free and now I just renewed my gold card so I got one free upgrade same time (CPH-BKK-CPH) - valid also for upgrade from biz to 1st!

My december travel was however in business - paid by a customer! ::

:beer:

elef

allatsea2000 said:

Just wondering whether u know enough about thai airways as to which are the best seats to request on check in. Yes i am in the cattle class, economy, on a night flight.

Let us know when you are returning might buy you a beer

Crownies though

I find the seats on the MD-11's great, legroom wise. Obviously Exit Aisle get the big legroom, did that a few times, but found it hard to see out the window (too far forward - Jumbo though). Had a great laugh with the cabin crew though. Just ask for the exit aisle seats when you re confirm. That's all I did, told them I had a dodgy leg, and needed the room. They laughed but gave it to me anyway. This was before I was a member too, so it wasn't because of that.

I'm always up for a beer, I'm even known to buy the odd one. I'll be back (Melbourne) Feb 18. Hope to see you soon,

BelgianBoy said:

Red,

Be aware that 'free' upgrades are way more easy to obtain when leaving from BKK.....

Cheers !

Yeah, that's what i meant. In Melbourne, the check in staff are Qantas staff. Buckleys' chance of an upgrade there. ALTHOUGH one of the lads at work's daughter does the check ins for Thai Inter (she works for Qantas), and he's going to see if she can do anything.

To be honest, GOING there (SEA) I don't care where I am, as long as I'm in the plane somewhere. Free upgrades on the way home sort of soften the blow. Maybe I'll buy a suit in LOS and wear it to the airport... helps to look the part. Miss Red won't let me get a haircut though!

Hi Elef,

I have never been upgraded - well, once on Aeroflot - but that sure isn`t much after some 20 trips.

It would seem that I should get myself a gold card. I am sure that the nice chaps at Khao San Road can accomodate me :)

Due to their skills I am already a a) journalist B) a student (at 42) :o

Mayby I should have them give me thai citizenship as well ::

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Archived