Pattaya go gos - awful

wonderlust

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually only stay in Pattaya five or six days as the place get old quickly for me too. But my visit last month was good enough that I extended my stay to eight days from the planned five. Agree with the comments about Happy a go-go; the girls there have had bad attitudes for some time and if that's not enough, there are always just way too many guys hanging around the place... don't like the guys to dolls ratio there. It has not been one of my Walking Street favorites for five or six years.

The Cowboy Dollhouse is good, but the one on Walking Street has ALWAYS sucked - IMO. My favorite Walking Street a-go-go remains Champion. This past trip I thought they had a surprisingly good lineup of talent most nights I visited, and as always... cheap draft beer to boot. :beer: Near the North end of Pattaya try Classroom 2000 a-go-go on Soi 2. Didn't see any stunners there this time around (have in the past), but very good party atmosphere with lots of classic rock and excellent black lighting for those with toys... fun mamason there too. :)

In the Soi 7/8 area I was impressed with the Wonderbar or World Wide a-go-go? (can't recall the correct name at the moment as these were my first visits to the place). Anyway, it's on Beach road just around the corner from soi 8.

ST

Well it just goes to show that we all have very very different experiences. I had such a good time in Pattaya early December that I'm going back again next week.

I don't like the beer bars so spend much of my time in the go go's. I barfined a great chick from Happy with no problems at all and paid her 1500 long time which she seemed to be very happy with. I then took a girl from Carousel and spent the rest of the week with her doing the rounds.

Your post mentions Christmas and I think that is the key to the problem........the girls know that with the 1000 barfine most guys won't pay that so they feel why should we bother to try and get a customer so the attitude stinks. I will not go to Pattaya for Xmas or New Year again but outside this two week period things are still the same.

I agree that the bars have destroyed this period trying to milk it for all they can get and now all you guys are turning away as a result. Typical Thai logic at work.

By the way if you really want to see bored disinterested dancers in the go go's try the bars in Angeles where I am at the moment. In some bars the dancers are sitting down on the stage and in many others they just stand still and look really miserable.........still found a great girl in amongst this crap.

I'll report again next week and see if there is any difference.

Uniformguy

ALHOLK said: ...Happy is notorious for the attitude of the girls. ... ALHOLK

2 nights ago,I sat at the corner of the soilet leading to Happy, sipping a beverage and watching the girls head to work. Couldn't get a single one to crack a smile.

Is there such a word as pre-obnoxious?

I'll be there tomorrow night so will see it 1st hand. When I was there back in SEP it was GREAT, slow season, at some GoGos I was the only customer there (and there were plenty of nice girls available) - talk about a buyers market.

Will report back what I see. At least in Pattaya I always know that they have some great didlin' and BJ bars - not too mention the 2 main MPs and all the beer bars as backups to the GoGos. Not sure if Excite is open again but that was great too (sort of a larger (and louder) Thermae)... :p

Agree with you about the great BJ joints in Pattaya, but comparing Xyte - which is a huge hi-tech Thai disco to the Thermae just doesn't work for me. Yes, it is open, when was it closed?

Xyte is probably a better place to take that special girl to for an evening out rather than to horn dog around in.

The girls love it when you take them there. :)

ST

For me, Pattaya is heaven on earth. I find the atmosphere to be great in loads of the gogo bars. The place has an Ibiza feel to it. Most of the bars play good dance music which I like. I've never had a problem with the attitude of the girls, though I've never barfined one from Happy.

I usually end a trip with one or two nights in BKK. I find the place a real let down after the joys of Pattaya. The music in most of the NEP bars is absolutely dreadful and the quality of the girls generally much lower than in Pattaya. It seems to me that the NEP and SC bars are geared for older guys. I'd enjoy the Patpong bars if it wasn't for the hoards of girls looking for ladydrinks.

Anyhow, different strokes for different folks. I had to put my speak in for Pattaya - absolutely love the place.

short-time said:

Agree with you about the great BJ joints in Pattaya, but comparing Xyte - which is a huge hi-tech Thai disco to the Thermae just doesn't work for me. Yes, it is open, when was it closed?

Xyte is probably a better place to take that special girl to for an evening out rather than to horn dog around in.

The girls love it when you take them there. :)

ST

Xcite was closed when I was there back in SEP, apparently for being caught staying open late or something. I compared it to Thermae only in the sense of the available freelancers. The 1st time I ever went there was on a double date with my regular, her girlfriend, and her girlfriend's Thai boyfriend who she actually Bar Fined (but that's another interesting story). It was PACKED and we had one chair open at our table which a guy who JUST got off the plane from Ireland came and sat (he told me he always goes directly to Excite when he arrives). Within about 2 minutes he was french kissing a girl he met at a nearby table. Unless something's changed there were many, many single girls available as the crafty Irishman found.

I really liked the girl bands and showgirl dancers they have there too, really great shows and yes the girls really do love to go there, great place for date. The only thing I didn't like about the place was the free heart massage you get - the music is SO loud your whole insides vibrate!

Archived