did you marry a bargirl?

tonychang

HT,

I think our thought process is very similar on how we view the bar scene in context of relationships.

The pay for play scene creates an illusion that one will never surely know if it is real or not at least in the intial stages should one wish to try to develop a relationship. In effect, this illusion is, in essence, a sad reality that one has to go an environment where we have to pay for personal relationships/interactions. Yet, probably more of a reflection of our past social and current social lives and the PFP scene is filling a social need.....

As to compartmentalization, I think most girls start out the same, but the combination of their personality, character and experiences determine their strategy towards the scene.

Some see it as a money making machine and perform in that fashion. These are the ones (similar to corporate executives or small business owners) are married to their jobs and develop the hard core approach to the scene. The ones who been there for years and years. Probably have the most severe impact on them and these very much so compartmentalize the bar scene.

The girls on the opposite end also compartmentalized it as well but a much smaller compartment in their lives. Yes, the attraction of the money is the reason of why they entered the scene but they prefer really to meet a bf or husband to allow them not to work the scene. In essence, looking for security but from a long-term approach and how to obtain it. Just a different startegy from the hard core ones but same purpose. Also, somewhat similar to these match-making venues but those girls have current regular jobs but all looking for an upgrade to their standard of living...

So from the service providers to the punters, we all compartmentalize the scene in some fashion; only the size, defiinition, and purpose of the compartment differ.....

Cardinalblue

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me it would not be about whether she worked in a bar (this I could get over)but rather what one shares with in terms of mutual understanding ,life experiences and most importantly what is in the heart. Frankly for me it is rather doubtful with a bargirl as their worlds are generally so vastly different from mine.etc etc.I never chose to go that direction myself.

Each to their own-judge not etc etc :)

Why do I get the Google add, "New York Gay Singles"? Nah, never mind.

I married a TG before, now divorced. I cringe everytime I see posts like this. You marry a girl, who has a personality and certainly does not deserve that stamp. I hate seeing people putting other ones in boxes. My ex worked about 1 1/2 yr as BG. So what? Does that say speak volumes about her as a person? Nope.

Cheers!

I would say that tourists likely have a higher percentage of this since that is where they meet Thai women.

-----------------------

missed out a bit on this thread, but reading you, while knowing you are already settled, family wise, i would like to ask you where you meet most the thai women you end up in bed with, not being a tourist? Thanks.

Archived