did you marry a bargirl?

tonychang

I don't see why a guy wouldn't marry a bar girl. He'd just have to get his head around the fact first and try to make sure that her past wasn't the first reference made when they had an argument.

I suppose it depends upon the guy's understanding of why the situation plays out as it does.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there is an unspoken courtesy amount expats (not limited to Thai based expats) with Thai wives or GF's, that discussion about where you met your wife are not initiated and therefore rarely come up in conversions. The wives or GF's are judged on their individual merits and not their backgrounds (I think the women do the same among themselves as well). :beer:

TH

and therefore rarely come up in conversions

---------------------------

to good wife from BGs? :neener:

Anyway, I could not help smiling at your post. Just thinking of all the times, I ahve met an ex-punter tell us about his new-found love interest "She is not from the bar scene". Duh.... As if we asked..... :down:

This is true, and you can include Filipinas in the mix as well as they have the same "perception" problem. I agree and personally do not give a hoot about anyone's past as long as they are decent people. I certainly would not acknowledge that I knew if it were the case. Just common courtesy.

Regardless, I do know that a professionally employed (management, accountant, Uni prof, etc.) wife with Uni degree or three is likely not a former BG, no matter where she comes from!

Cheers,

SD

I agree, punters and BG alike are all human good and bad.

It seems ironic to me that farangs who have been active or are still active in the beer bar / go go scene can be judgemental about bar girls etc

In fact it amuses me in some respects as I think that they as a person must be quite insecure in themselves, I think the situation is rather akin to the hypocritical pecking orders that are prevalent in prisons...... maybe its a trait of weak humans that they need someone to look down upon to reinforce their own sense of self worth.

Granted if someone has never whoremongered and has been steadfast against whoremongering, then I can respect their view even if I know its wrong.....

However to have a rampant whoremonger active or inactive parading his 256 bit GTG, Thai /Chinese Uni grad around criticising BG's is wrong and reveals that individual to be somewhat flakey and laking substance IMHO..

STH

SoTH, is this in general or directed to moi? Because you'll never, ever, find a case of me critizing a BG for being a BG. Do a search. I grew up poor and understand that one does what it takes to survive. I actually respect them for making that hard choice -- BUT to keep the respect they need to use the fruits of that hard choice to move on in life. This is also why I buy way too many drinks for said ladies :D and why wife doesn't come down too hard on me for doing so.

Now, if they are acting in bad form, that is another matter. Totally open to criticism just like any other human.

Cheers,

SD

Just to throw this out there, I do not think totaly hypocritical the punter saying he would be uncomfortable having an ex-prostitutute as a wife.

It would only be hypocritical if a punter says that a prospected wife should look the other way to his past, and yet judges her, for her's.

Same as some punter's may find it uncomfortable to be married to a prostitute, so may many women feel uncomfortable to marry a guy, who regularly frequented the prostitution scene.

I think in both cases, it can often come down to a case of a bird being able to change their feathers, and worries surrounding that issue. Both whoremonger and prostitutute having the ability to change their ways? It's a logical concern on both sides. But not always. Just read a post here yesterday from a member who really didn't care if his wife was bonking other dudes, as long as she didn't lie about it.

Different strokes for all of us, I guess.

Some can get their head around any situation, while others cannot. I would think the only important part, is being comfortable in whatever situation you are in.

HT

"that discussion about where you met your wife are not initiated"

Doesn't hold for me in my experience. I hear people ask this question a lot.

On another topic, I hear folks saying, "How could I marry her? She's a whore?" So I would be interested to know how many folks could actually see themselves marrying a bg. Then again, it's a flawed question cause one doesn't really know until they are in the situation.

<<burp>>

Archived