Why do Thai's cut in line

llso

As far as the Chinese question is concerned there are only three nations that have been able to tame them and get them to act like humans: 1. Singapore- Fine the shit out of bad behavior. In a generation or two you have some pretty well behaved folks. 2. Indonesia- Kill a few every decade or so. Fear tends to keep them in line. 3. Malaysia- Let them handle business but do not allow them into the government or police force....and every couple of decades kill a few.

Too bad the true Thai people just let the Chinese come in and take over the country. Methinks it would be a better place if they didn't.

Cmon, goatscrot, lets try not to let *blatant racism* take over this thread. I am also critical of certain aspects of the Chinese culture and behaviour, but I find many of them to be sensational people once you get to know them as individuals. The tendency to behave appallingly in a group isnt restricted to the Chinese : its just expressed differently in each culture.

Your post smacks of the kind of bigotry that inspired Nazi Germany : the 'Chinese question', getting them to 'behave like humans' and this little gem "Indonesia- Kill a few every decade or so. Fear tends to keep them in line". Having recently returned from Jakarta, I can see the divide between the ethnic Chinese and the Javanese in that city, but your callous summation of Indonesian history appalls me. Whether you like it or not, the Chinese are the economic engine room for much of SE Asia - that doesnt make them terribly popular, but neither does it make them 'inhuman'.

This board contains abundant criticisms of certain aspects of Thai behaviour, but it is rarely phrased as a racist attack. How do you think it would be received if I suggested that governments needed to 'kill a few' Thais to remedy some aspect of their behaviour ?

I would strongly suggest that you take a little time to review your posts before you hit the 'Continue' button in future.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"green"] this a absurd generalization. You seem to know Chinese, but as I stated before, Japanese behave completely different. They give all circles much more respect than any Western society I know. [/color]

You must have never boarded a plane at NRT. :doah: It is a complete mob scene. ::

shygye said:

[color:"green"] this a absurd generalization. You seem to know Chinese, but as I stated before, Japanese behave completely different. They give all circles much more respect than any Western society I know. [/color]

You must have never boarded a plane at NRT. :doah: It is a complete mob scene. ::

I have done it four or five times, but cannot remember anything unusal happening there, except that I found the architecture and interior design quite ugly. :grinyes:

But maybe, in opposite to the other contributors I have too positive stereotype. :)

Agree with the poster that said the Japanese are VERY polite!!!!! I am always overwhelmed with their courtesy...

You wrote-

"Whether you like it or not, the Chinese are the economic engine room for much of SE Asia - that doesnt make them terribly popular, but neither does it make them 'inhuman'. "

No their lack of respect for other and their lack of manners does.........

You also wrote-

"This board contains abundant criticisms of certain aspects of Thai behaviour, but it is rarely phrased as a racist attack. How do you think it would be received if I suggested that governments needed to 'kill a few' Thais to remedy some aspect of their behaviour ?"

Check the history books about this one as well........

Of course....as usual the spectre of "Politically correct whoemongers" rears its head on this board.

For those of you that know me and many of you do.....I am never hesitate to call a spade a spade. I am an equal oppotunity bigot. I am just as likely to say shit about white bread asshole Americans (unfortunately I hold US citizenship....where the Pres GWB is quickly mirroring the Nazi Germany you so speak of) as I am the fuckin' Chinese, or Thai, or whatever. Bad behavior is bad behavior!

Of course sarcasm and humor seem to be lost on this board. All about the "killing" was meant tongue and cheek........So LIGHTEN UP!!!!!!

GS

If you noticed I said Asians in general!

Yes the Japanese are the exceptions to the rule. They are wonderfully polite.....

You wrote-

"but the Chinese I met personally where very kind"

My point exactly. Once you meet them they are ok...but before watch out!!!!

GS

what's wrong, did some chinese bird tell you to sod off? ::

>>>>I am an equal oppotunity bigot.<<<<

...and fuckin' illiterate as well.

tzzz...'mericans...

I am never hesitate to call a spade a spade.

--------------------------------------------

No problem with that, but understand that for a few of us, reading this:

"there are only three nations that have been able to tame them and get them to act like humans"....

may carry more than an hint of racism. The written word always comes out stronger than the spoken one.

In the history of modern Indonesia, 10 000s of chinese have been murdered, to refer to this as taming is slightly off, IMO.

One incident which springs to mind... I was in a taxi in Bkk turning right on to the toll road... The taxi driver let a chinese / thai pass in front... he was doing her a favour... no thankyou whatsoever... she just stared straight ahead.....

I commented on this lady not saying thankyou, he replied that Thai/ Chinese would never say thankyou.... I did think why let the woman out then, I wouldnt!

STH

Archived