Smacking another families child

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To give you an example of behavour that made me ask this, in a restaurant the other day, a nice Thai restaurant local to me... child from a family on an adjourning table ran past and stopped at our table and grabbed at things on the table... not once but twice.... If a child of mine had behaved like that I would not in any way object to a smack on the hand...... the adults in the family couldnt give a toss.... in the end a member of staff shoo'd them away....

STH

How about smacking them worthless parents?

Seriously, no I would never hit any other kid than my own, but GOD i've been tested too often. :)

I would (and have done btw) explain the parents what the fuck is bothering me with a few words only. Keep it simple, polite and very clear.

Dining out or at home is not the same thing, but many seem to believe otherwise. I think the staff should (must) be trained for such situation in order to keep their given service on a high, or in this case normal level.

But that's not something I'd expect to happen in Thailand.

What you should do, in polite restaurasnt fashion, is write a note to be passed by a waiter with the folllowing wording, " I own a Bar in the lower Sukumvit region, and have spit roast a pig there to celebrate my birthday for the last 5 years. As a form of relief from the monotony, would you mind if I captured your spare child, and roast him over hot coals on a skewer for 6 hours, for all the Kee nok English teachers to have as their tea?"

Cheers

Need any further advice on etiquette, please PM me.

Archived