Smacking another families child

And yes, my daughters got smacked (by their mother) when growing up. She felt it was her place to do it not me. If we had a boy, it would have been my deal.

I honestly don't think it's possible to raise kids without smacking them once in a while. Some parents refuse to do so and we pretty much know where that leads them to.

Smacking is necessary and healthy.

Thaihome,

What would you do?

I would be disappointed in myself for not having created a well-behaved kid and of course break the guy's nose for touching my kid and not approaching me with his annoyance.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Thaihome,

What would you do?

I would be disappointed in myself for not having created a well-behaved kid and of course break the guy's nose for touching my kid and not approaching me with his annoyance. "

I couldn't have said it better. :up:

I believe (and practiced) in well-placed, appropriate corporal punishment for my children, but only I get to decide what that is .

TH

Zaad's da man. That would be the only answer IMHO. Of course my kids, even at that age, would have *never* misbehaved in public and therefore would have never gotten themselves into that situation.

Now they are not perfect and (#2 especially) likes to stay out past her curfew, but never misbehave in a public situation with us around anyway. Too old for spanking now -- still trying to get the best punishment. Fining their allowance B1K/week) by B100 for the first infraction and raising the fine B50 each additional seems to be having the desired effect for now...

BTW, a group of us did run into a similar situation at Bourbon St a few weeks ago. A member of our group told off the parents and the whole dining room applauded. The parents did nothing, of course. Also mentioned to the head waiter that we were leaving early (no dessert & after dinner drinkies) due to the hellions terroizing the dining room.

Cheers,

SD

haha.

Ok Mike Tyson or somebody of his caliber?

Well, believe it or not, yes JJ, I would.

Problem is that I'm pretty sure I'd fail to think clearly at that very moment. Seeing or discovering that my own flesh and blood had been smacked by a stranger would have set my rage and aggression up to max. level. (quite an advantage)

Besides, ThaiHome also mentioned the guy in question had been drinking (quite a disadvantage) and given the fact that I myself train boxing for a few years, I think I'd have a reasonable chance of smacking his ass...or at least breaking his nose before being punched into the grave. :help:

In Holland the Minister for Law(? may be called different in English) is about to propose a law in which it's forbidden for parents to hit their children. In first instance for parents who hit their children frequently, but if not possible to get it passed otherwise, to hit your children in general.

According to the paper (todays De Volkskrant), German, Sweden, Denmark and Norway already have laws about violence against your own children.

violence against your own children.

I agree with that law. Violence against any human being is IMO not acceptable. We're talking about violence if the smacking is a daily (weekly) occurance and when the evidence is visibly noticable.

But I wouldn't call one or two smacks on the butt violence.

, so maybe that new law encompasses all smacking of your own children.

I think it'd be nearly impossible to realize such law.

Anyway, you would never find me smacking my own kid in public, so no evidence there. :) Besides, I find that highly inappropriate.

I don't like to see kids (naughty 5-6-7 year-olds) being smacked in public, for example in supermarkets when they keep whining for a chocolate whatever..(they very much deserve it at times, but still inappropriate) Such kids can probably do anything the wish for at home and naturally they bring the same behavior outside. :nono:

Their education should start at home!

Archived