SMS to and from Thailand

LaoHuLi said:

Thanks, will try this. Presume that the "customer invoice number' is the the same as the Sim number you refer to

Now what about the postal code???? she has no invoices as it is a pay as you go sim ??

I would not presume so. There is a 16 to a 19 digit number, possibly starting with 89 or 66 on the back of the SIM. This is the number you need.

Yes, you can see call details but only on post paid telephones. With pre paid mobiles you cannot. Though, of course it means you can enter any address details you wish to, on the form. ie a hotel or guesthouse address in Thailand.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry to hear that, but I guess that's just something you north americans are gonna live & learn with as it took you forever to realise GSM/UMTS is the way forward :neener:

hmm there's other sms sites out there, but I doubt you won't bother wasting time registering anymore LOL ;)

tell you what I'll register an sms.ac account for you if you want - how much you'll bid? :up:

Sms.ac fails to send to a fair amount of Thai numbers. The DTAC and AIS portals are far more reliable for sending SMS to Thailand.

It's better for using the other way around. ie, Thailand to USA.

just read thru the whole thread and am more confused then ever....

So is there a way (free would be nice) to send SMS to a Thai mobile from my computer ?

I do not have a mobile phone here at home in California

a limited number of messages would be fine

thanks for your help

OCgringo said:

Yes, DTAC or AIS? uhhh no idea

number starts with 09

OCgringo, if you would give me the first 5 digits (something like 0-9123-XXXX) it would be no problem to tell you the carrier assignment.

Archived