TOT broadband for 500 Baht/month

khunsanuk

Please, not unlimited... Read the fine print. Usually a cap on the amount of data you can download .... ji-net of course doesn't offer any English translation on their web site, but it seems DSL Compax 256 has a 70Mb/hour cap (correct me if I'm wrong)

Cheers!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, you are right--capped at 70MB/hour on the 256k plan. That's not really so bad because "real" unlimited would be 115MB/hour--not a great deal more bandwidth which makes me wonder why they even have a cap since it is set near the top. Yes you would be SOL if you needed to do a download larger than 70MB, but that's something you already live with on a modem so nothing new for dialup folks. Also I seem to recall people talking about a new wireless service in LOS that was capped at something like 70MB a MONTH, not an HOUR!

The thing I like about ji-net's plan is it makes no distinction between international and domestic access (the way it should be). They also get rid of the silly metering; you can be connected 24/7 and pay no extra. I am trying to sign up with ji-net but they are unprepared to deal with english speaker/forms so it is going very slow. I can live with 1659 baht a month (includes VAT) for 256K. Can buy modem from them for 4000 baht (they are out of them for the time being, yet another surprising unpreparedness) or you can supply your own. Setup fee is 1000 baht. 6 month minimum.

Hi,

I just logged out and in again - on the 4.5 hours I've been online today - effective time less than half - I used 16 MB. No downloads, checking emails every 5 min (automatic), visiting this board and one in Denmark, 5 google searches and 8 other websites!

elef

>on the 4.5 hours I've been online today - effective time less than half - I used 16 MB. ....

Hmmm...I know that I had 300MB in Oz and, doing webcam from work, not home, never exceeded 50-60MB.

When everything was done from home, I was doing 800MB per month.

Then, new link with 3GB per month i never reached more than 1.8GB with extensive web caming.

16MB you did for that time it's like over 50KB every minute. Is refreshing the frames on this board making such traffic?

Note to mod: I think if you clip the trailing gibberish from WYD's post it will get rid of the text wrapping issues in this thread.

Just to clarify ji-net is not the one with a 70MB/month limit; theirs is 70MB/hour. And I also went back to recheck the hutch wireless package to get my facts right and it is actually 300MB a month for 1500 baht. Still pretty unusable for us techies as you point out.

Archived