"compared to the US, my lifestyle here is shit"

>>>>TV's 25 inches are less then 4000 baht in bangkok, and the list goes on and on. <<<<

Just not true. Just spent quite a lot of time pricing (less than a month ago). Best deal I could find was a 21-22? inch TV at Tesco-Lotus at on-nut. Paid 4,000 for an off brand (Diamond), but had 3 year warranty. Also had stereo, and A/V, jacks. The same size TV in a brand name started at 6,000+.

25" at 4,000. No way Jose, even if mono, and no A/V. BTW....many TV"s were available with/without stereo/AV. The stereo/AV feature added around 1,000 to 1,600 to the price, for the same exact TV.

And it's amazing how just a few inches can add 1,000's to the cost. If there are 25"ers out there for 4K, I couldn't find it, and I looked around quite a bit. Used maybe, but not a new one.

HT

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree HT .......... gf and I hunted all over as well. And as you say the Tesco at On Nut was as good a deal as could be found with a real warranty, maybe can get some dodgy stuff down a soi somewhere, but don't ever count on bringing it back.

Testco and Carefore both have good prices, but check their sales flyers. Remember the VAt is already included in the price. It is not tack on at the cash register like sales tax is.

Archived