New Zoning/Early Closure Thread

OH,

Your idea perhaps makes the most sense of any in this thread. This would be a perfect way to ringfence the less desirable elements of the nightlife then loosen the rules once everything is forced into the zones. So, the govt. sacrifices the "legit" places to acheive their end. It may actually turn out that there is a lot of flexibility with the "desirable" venues during this period while the policy is used to drive the gogo bars and MPs out of business or into the zones.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'This would be a perfect way to ringfence the less desirable elements of the nightlife then loosen the rules once everything is forced into the zones'

Yes, but your idea suggests that 'the powers' have scruples about heavy-handedness for which there is scant evidence.

Why dont they just order the go-go bars to close?

Hardy641,

Thanks for the reason for RCA as a zone. I've visited that place twice, I will never go there again. First the place is for young thai's, with some looking like high school age. I am fortyish, so not my place or style. I couldn't figure why that place would be a zone, when the goverment is trying to discourage young thais becoming involved with late night 'antics'. As my earlier post stated, don't like Ratcha (it's really for thais) and Patpong is nothing but a 'tourist trap'. So where do international business people go, i guess i'll find out after March 1.

Chok dee,

HOKS

Well 4 days to go and still no news on what the hell is going on, RE: the Nation poll the current stats are so one sided it is almost funny - the poll was supposed to end last week but is still going, gotta love the efficiency. I think it would be statistically impossible to make the result anymore emphatic than it currently is as i doubt their system supports decimal places !

New poll posted every Friday

Your re-action on the government's mid-night closing laws on the entertainment industry:

Great ! Now I can sleep peacefully at night. 1%

Hmm...now where can I go after midnight? 3%

What !?! This is ridiculous!!! 96%

Swishtz said:

Well 4 days to go and still no news on what the hell is going on, RE: the Nation poll the current stats are so one sided it is almost funny - the poll was supposed to end last week but is still going, gotta love the efficiency. I think it would be statistically impossible to make the result anymore emphatic than it currently is as i doubt their system supports decimal places !

I am too stupid to find the poll, can you give me a link?

*** Caveat emptor: Latin for "Welcome to Thailand" ***
I think I will recommend that we adopt this is the slogan of our local branch, but somehow I don't think the headquarters office will agree.

Archived