A few go-go bar 'tips' for veterans (unfinished)

ptyrider

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

or perhaps we could realize that the bar owners have been dealing with this for a long time regarless of our litle posts. People who think their little columns affect real events in such a direct and dramatic way are truly "legends in their own minds"

how right old fox! there is actually quite considerable police force in plain clothes around in the night spot areas (thais, the farang spy in sex tourist camouflage is a urban myth!) and they change frequently and therefore not easy to spot for even a doorboy with 10 years experience.

plus all the 'informers' that work in virtually every bar, no, sorry guys, they MiB really don't need our help.

Can you see it in the Local police station:

Hey, any of you guys read English?

Gotta check the websites so we will know where to raid tonight. Sure good these farangs are so dumb as to tell us or we would never know what was going on in our own country. Heck I just read the other day that there was an Apec in town last year .... any of you guys get to go?

"how right old fox! there is actually quite considerable police force in plain clothes around in the night spot areas"

...and what a considerable force it is!...super efficient at stopping showing I would say.....come on, own up to another urban legend!!

yes, of course they all are, but not for that kind of redundant trivia.

Don't you think the police have more 'reliable' sources than what some anonymous poster may put on a public bulletin board ?

Gee they were showing in Tesco today, had all their tops off, wink wink nudge nudge. That's the new bra or was that bar on Soi XXXIII

Think we got them now Romp ?

The paranoia is amazing here somedays. Or as I said before some think what they say is FAR more important than it could ever be.

<shrug> There *have* been reliable reports of farang informants and of farang helping the tourist police. It's a fact, not an urban myth, that in Pattaya there have been busts directly owing to farang informants w/ regard to shows.

You'll note that on these discussion boards, some sensitive subjects (sensitive to the Thai authorities that is) are verboten to discuss more than superficially. And why so, if we're so certain Thai authorities are not monitoring and can't read English? They're doing *some* monitoring of the 'net, 'cause on their instructions Thai ISPs are blocking access to a number of sites deemed unsuitable. How far does that monitoring really extend?

The authorities have, in fact, gone to considerable effort to enforce the recent bar regulations--for the most part successfully. (Still remember in Woodstock having to grab my half-eaten burger and flee as the cops marched in and told everybody to leave. Hey! I'm just eatin' a burger!) As posters have rightly noted, things are a lot different than they used to be.

Oh, whatever we say can have no big impact on anything. Could we possibly have a small impact, say, on one bar--one of the few bars left that do show--for, say, 30 days? Well, I'm willing to concede there might a possibility. In the absence of proof, I prefer to err on the side of our friends (especially when it costs so little to do so  ). But this is just me voluntarily doing my own little personal, ineffectual bit. Others on our discussion board will always be naming the bars that are showing. Such naming is useful mainly to newbies, not to vets. Maybe--probably--nobody's listening to this chattering up in the trees; maybe the few bars left that are still showing really are invulnerable. Hope so anyway.

Really cannot understand your vehemence and acid wit....Everybody agrees then that the boards are monitored....... and what is disagreed about is what they are being monitored for........Cant see what the problem is with someone not wanting compromise a bar by shouting about its illegal activities...while you are an 'expert' on the nuances of the monitors operational procedures ......very strange

Fantastic post!

I know when I was living in LOS I used many of these ploys many, many times.

Sometimes felt like a smart-arse or an arsehole, but money is money, and you're right - sometimes I just felt like oggling some naked flesh and then go home to the faen for action. Its a guy thing!!! :applause::grinyes:

Archived