activities for long haul flights??

whosyourdaddy

Were does it say in the first amendment that you can hang out around the toilet and talk? Glad to see somebody takes things seriously! I was offered once to join the (what is it 45 club - 45,000 feet up having sex in bathroom) but declined. I assumed I could have been busted but then I could protest that I was hanging inside the bathroom as oppose to hanging around the bathroom.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had heard that the US government was requiring all flights to and from the US to prohibit people from gathering or mingling on flights. This was to include standing in line for the toilets. One of the things I always do is spend a bit of time streching and chatting with other folks on the plane. On one Cathy flight they even had snacks and beverages in one of the rear galleies. What I am saying is this is unconstitutional and I have a right to gather peaceably. And no I will not give up my rights just to appease some nut case right winger notion that we are some how safer, by giving up our rights. George the second is on record as saying that he believes we have to many rights. So he must have hired Asscroft to help resolve this "threat". Oh just to reference my sources

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

That is the first amendment. Seems pretty easy to understand.

So I have the right to gather where ever I dam well please even at 40,000 feet waiting for the toilet. And please don't bring up the old you dont have a right to yell fire in a theater. Yes you do, but if it causes panic and injury or damage, you are responsible for it. This is nothing like that, it is just another part of the fearmongering that these nut cases have been using since day one in power.

FlyPapillon said:

1) Always buy about four of my favourite magazines at the airport before boarding.

I suppose that depends on what your favorite "magazines" are.:devil:

I don't reckon that reading "Chunky Asses", or "Horny Housewives" is going to make you too popular. :neener:

By the way how stongly are the various airlines enforcing this. My sense is its mostly lip service.

That's my impression too. Nothing more than an inflight announcement, if that.

Singapore Airlines has those 'bar areas' on the A340-500s that are doing the 18 hour nonstop flights from LA. I highly doubt they are limiting the bar congregations to a party of one. :neener:

What a really moronic regulation. It's enough to make terrrorists book seats together in order to chat. :rolleyes:

whosyourdaddy said:

What do you guys do to pass the time on the trans pacific/ Asian flights?

When everyone else is sleeping, I like humping those little pillows they give you. That way I leave a nice wet surprise for the next person who uses it! :neener:

However I had to stop doing that as the last pillow I humped sent me an email asking for money for it's sick buffalo...

-=/NN

Archived