Do regular thai girls know about bar girls + $$$

imperial

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The general idea I have is that most women in general look down on prostitutes. Doesn't seem to be culture specific. They may sympathize or empathize with their plight but many do question how women can sell themselves. Doesn't mean that they can't like a woman who is prostitute but they most certainly don't agree with the profession.

Furthermore they may be amazed at how 'ugly' they look

------------------------------------------

Not really. Unless the girls are very plain or ugly, of course.

You go to BKK regularly. Can you frankly say that the women you come across while walking, commuting there, are better looking than the average sex worker?

To each his own, but I do not see thais expressing themselves so forcefully about someone else's looks. There may be some who have a problem with prostitution being for bad girls, or racist about dark pigmentation, but I have been a few times with 9 to 5 girls in gogos, and there was no amazement at ugliness, on the contrary, much less severe than me....

Well the idea is just as repulsive to Thai women.

------------------------------------

yes, of course.... I was also repulsed by the idea of paying for sex when i first got here. That reminds me of the few lasses i asked about their 1st P4P . One said she was so ashamed, she cried while the guy had sex with her, then in the morning he slipped her a 1000 and "i no cry anymore, i smile too much". She was just coming from a waitress job in some chinese restaurant, making 1500 a month as apprentice, working 12 to 15 hours.

Well this just doesn't compute with their preoccupation of "face" and their fascination with social heirarchy.

-------------------------------------

Not sure what you mean. In what way does someone being a prostitute make the curious on-looker lose face?

If talking about P4P, yes, definitely, for many, either their social status was not that great already, or they can't care less about face, they're 19, or 20 students, cute, and making some extra bahts selling their ass is no problem. I think you are the one who generalizes. I admit that many thais may be shocked or prude about the scene, but that's only them, and my experience is that others might either be curious of BG life, befriend them, or join in. No generalization.

thats a bad generalization/assumption.

------------------------------------------------

No, that's a fact. Once again, i speak from experience, not assuming. If you wish to tell us that the nonP4P women that you know are turned off by the scene, i will believe you. None of these different propositons seem far-fetched to me. No theory, just a whole society that we should not assume we can pin down or pigeon hole so easily.

HIGH THAIED said:

>>>>>>It helps fosters the sextourist fantasy that ALL Thai women will give it up for 2 bills.<<<<<

Actually, all my Thai women are asking for 3 bills now. :down:

HT

3 bills! :banghead::cussing:

Dude , did you just fall off the turnip truck ?

You must be a newbie sucker =(easy read , play) for the more savvy prostitute. :doah:

Have yet to give 2 let alone God forbid 3 ! :neener:

Might you consider working on your personal hygiene! Seems this may help you out when approaching the grls, that's as well if not a total idiot, help settle on much less bht

to go with you. :o

just a thought! ;)

I'd say lots have an idea of where to go if they want to turn tricks. Whether they're repulsed by it or not initially dunno but a lot of them get into the scene and "seem" to enjoy it for a time. Whether they go voluntarily or are initially coerced into it is anyone's guess.

I know a girl here who I was out with the other week and as we sat in an outdoor beer bar one of those girls selling lottery tickets walked past, stopped, did a double take and came over. She and the bar girl I was talking to were old friends who worked back in the same shampoo factory in BKK. The girl I was with had no kids and was younger and had chosen to go to Ptty to work the farang p4p scene. The other girl was slightly older, had 3 kids and had decided to go to Ptty to sell lottery tickets to the bgs in the farang p4p scene. They both knew about it before they got here it's just that they took different choices about how they would exploit the situation to their own advantage/wishes.

The Thai p4p scene is much more oppressive and widespread than the Farang scene will ever be. Saw the local news last night about a Thai Karaoke bar being raided in Ptty by the local fuzz. Two girls from there had managed to contact the police that they were kept prisoner in rooms, padlocked from the outside. The owners were a 38 year old Thai man and his wife. The girls were on offer for 350 baht. All were aged between 16-18 and 80% were from Isaan. You find a Farang involved in a scene like that and most would think it pretty repulsive. However, that Thai guy and his wife was able to operate and make money so obviously the Thai guys who patronised the joint didn't have take such a view.

So for me, twisted though it may sound, I'd say that the Farange p4p scene is often a lot better for many girls than the alternatives that they may have experienced. As an example I'm thinking of a woman who I know has had 3 different mopeds in the last 4 months. One she'd bought fairly recently for 17,900 baht. Her sister took it home to the family and although the woman I know seemed a little miffed she wasn't overly concerned and had gone out to get another one. How long would an average Thai factory girl have to wait before she could save up enough to buy even one moped?

>How long would an average Thai factory girl have to wait before she could save up enough to buy even one moped?

From what I heard, probably no time at all. Motorbikes are not hard to get. With job papers, sign and drive.

Then it starts. Can't remember for how many years 3K per month, I think 2 years.

20K motorbike goes 60K+ when it is fully paid off.

Archived