Do regular thai girls know about bar girls + $$$

imperial

"Can't remember for how many years 3K per month, I think 2 years. 20K motorbike goes 60K+ when it is fully paid off."

Well, gee, they must be shopping in the wrong place! We just bought my #1 daughter a Kawie Wave. We wanted her to have some credit history, so we put it in her name. Bike price is B34,500. 12 payments of B3,360 = B40,320 for a total interest payment of B5,820, or a 14.5% APR.

FYI, #1 daughter is 16 with an income of B6K a month (her allowance). She has about B20K in the bank (she is very frugal) We did not have to co-sign anything, it's all on her.

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do agree that prostitution is not something that woemn or men can view in a good light, though in case of many thai men (and farangs) it is not enough repulsive that they forego the use of prostitutes.

On the other hand, thai society, not the only country, does not revolt against prostitution and the fact that it is found in its midst, not too hidden frankly. I think that speaks for the condition of women (and children at a lesser level) in Thailand.

In Belgium, horrific crimes against abducted young girls brought millins of citizens in the street, especially as it was shown the police was denying the existence of a ring. Just as it does in Thailand, except here, people do not demonstrate when a MP is caught sleeping with children, or a brothel goes up in flames with the girls inside because they were chained.... Maybe, for some, it's a matter of nuances and cultural differences in reacting to it, I beg to differ.

>Well, gee, they must be shopping in the wrong place! We just bought my #1 daughter a Kawie Wave. We wanted her to have some credit history, so we put it in her name. Bike price is B34,500. 12 payments of B3,360 = B40,320 for a total interest payment of B5,820, or a 14.5% APR.

You may well be right. I heard about it (not being asked to pay for a bike) and could not remember exactly what was said.

I was responding to a question (or statement) - how long a girl has to save to buy a motorbike. And I said it was easy to get a bike but then repayments kick in.

Hi KS,

>>>>>"Thai women are generally not 'repulsed' by the fact their sisters prostitute themselves."

Yes, they are. Thai women are no different in this respect than those in the West and in general prostitutes are looked down upon.<<<<

--------------------------------------------------------------

Sure they look down upon it. I just think 'repulsed' is too strong a word, from what I have heard from other Thai girls. Sure they don't condone it, and it reflects badly on them, but in my experience, all non-b/g I've known, have a certain level of understanding. In the West, most women might think others do because of a drug problem, or other social ill that they brought upon themselves. The non prostitutes I know in Thailand, have a greater appreciation of what lead their sister's into that world, and have a greater appreciation of the existing poverty, and it's affects.

This is just my experience. 'Repulsed' conjures up images of 'not even being able to look at'. I've never known 1 single Thai girl who felt that strongly, thus my original post. The vast majority I know, are quite compassionate to their plight. :dunno:

HT

>I just think 'repulsed' is too strong a word, from what I have heard from other Thai girls. Sure they don't condone it, and it reflects badly on them, but in my experience, all non-b/g I've known, have a certain level of understanding.

I tend to agree with what you are saying.

Over past several months my gf has been visiting doctors. As always, there are nurses around. GTGs. Not one time has anyone shown any disrespect for her.

OK, she does not look like a bg anymore but they might have guessed how could she had met her farang.

I think they have known all way along what she was doing before.

One exception would be the Bumrungrad hospital. She was hesitant to go there. Now that she has everything she may stand in a need for free, they are also very pleasant.

Could be the Thai way to deal with the less fortunate.

i am definately not the most experienced person when it comes to BG's or GTG's,so my question is mainly to residents of LOS and their experiences.

i have only got to know 2 GTG's but never took them out for the night for various reasons.

they worked as Barstaff during the day and i never ever saw them out at night,but during the day they looked more like BG's than a lot of BG's.

i have only had one bad experience when i took my #1 BG to what i would not consider a particular high-class restaurant and i certainly felt the bad vibes towards my Girl from the staff and it pissed me off.

you Guys who are lucky enough to be living in LOS and having wives or Girlfriends who have never been in the P4P scene ever had the bad times from places you have visited because the staff might have thought of your Girl in a different way?.

i'm going out with a Filipino who has had absolutely nothing to do with the P4P scene in any country and i would get very angry if i was in Manilla with her and the locals treated her as a BG.

It seems that this thread has gotten into semantics (repulsive or looked down upon, etc).

you do a nice job of presenting what you experienced and observed based on behaviors rather than descriptors.

Just last week i was in robinson food court downstairs during lunch.

There were two tables side by side. One table there were two very attractive office staff workers ( guess to be in their mid twenties). A BG and her BF/customer come sit down next to them on the other table. The two girls assessed their situation and within say 20 seconds picked up their food and moved to another table.

Actions speak louder than words. One can debate whether they were repulsed or looked down upon.

The bottom line is that the BG seemed to be upset and bothered by this action and said some things to her male companion. The male companion seemed not to be clued into what just transpired.....

I have also winessed a number of times where BGs or sloppy-looking/undesirable falangs take a BTS seat causing the GTG to express disapproval, uncomfortability and some actual behaviorally induced action meaning moving away from the undesirable source immediately....

Cardinalblue

A BG and her BF/customer come sit down next to them on the other table. The two girls assessed their situation and within say 20 seconds picked up their food and moved to another table.

----------------------

Glad BKK is not ony high priority list of places to live in, in Thailand.

Though there are plenty of reasons why these 2 GTgs or even I, actually, could move to another table. Space..... No inclination to hear baby english..... Etc.... i do not think this means looking down or being repulsed, but just not interested in sitting close to a nightlife (mis) match item. I can subscribe to that.

Of course, I trust you guys knew for sure he was a customer and not a hubbie all by the way she dressed or was younger, or that it is right to always assume so.

Archived