Do regular thai girls know about bar girls + $$$

imperial

I have no idea , but here is the question

Say you go into Lotus Tesco, McDonalds etc away from the Tourist areas

basically 99.9% Thai area

Do the girls there know anything about the Tourist bar scene ?

Is this ever on Thai TV , not just a minute or 2 report but a half hour now and then?

Just wondering if they know how much the bar girls make for ST or LT

compared to what they make at their regular jobs.

or do they here stories about girls they knew in school ?

And are they jealous , feel bad for them or ????

I have never talked to a regular thai girl because I do not speak Thai ,

so the only ideas I get is from BGs which I just take as their version of life.

and its not really a deep conversation because of the language problem.

Just wondering what the regular Thai girls think about it , if they even care

Anyway what do you guys think .......

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, they do know about the scene. How well, or how much, they know, depends on the girl. No doubt, they know what areas to stay out of etc. As for prices etc, doubt they have that kind of info. Also, supposedly, a lot of "good girls" will "moonlight" or take "gifts" from men... So a game of a different type. We had girls like this when I was in University as well, never really matter where the girls are from, the game/angle is the same... ANd before anyone goes crazy, no, not all girls!

If you are defining regular girls as the entire thai female population minus BGs, then the answer is yes as a group they know about BGs.

As to whether they feel for them or know the details of BGs really depend on how close to themselves in becoming a BG.

I would say there is a strong corrleation between the closer one in becoming a BG, the more likely one is attuned to the goings and happenings of BGs.....

One could probably divide the regular thai female population into distinct categories and then you would find certain groups would know alot about BGs and know BGs themselvs to girls who know nothing about BGs at all. A combination of socio-econ class, family and their own value systems, who their friends are, etc would be factors that one could use in determining whether regualr girls know about BGs or not.....

I know regular girls who know nothing to a lot about BGs. It is a function of their own background. The reason why is because regular girls are defined not by what they have in common but are lumped together of what they are not (prostitutes).

Why wouldn't one expect to see from A to Z when looking at any general population (hence: regular girls except for one behavioral/definition distinction)?....

Cardinalblue

Absolutely, and they certainly are curious of it as well.

I don't buy the myth of the pariah BG or gogo, and the virginal GTG blushing away from the sulfurous nightlife. Everything i have experienced is that they actually mix very well together, befriend each others, and there is certainly more than a hint of curiosity about sex work.

Basically, thais at large are not so serious and moralistic to pronounce judgement upon sex workers as some here maintain ( yes, i am sure that some pompous fair-skin lover suit and tie thai guy finds BGs repulsive and looks down on them, i don't call that "thai people").

Did check out a few bars in Patpong and Nana with my teacher friend and her sister, also a teacher, took a look into Nana disco as well. Her sister was visably upset and giving the tisk tisk, Little sister was dancing away with the lady boys...so was I, but I don't want to talk about that now...and no HT, there is nothing going on here in SFO like that... I know nothing about that area of town called Castro or the Pink Pagoda dance hall...ah er never mind... :)

>Say you go into Lotus Tesco, McDonalds etc away from the Tourist areas

basically 99.9% Thai area

Do the girls there know anything about the Tourist bar scene ?

Those who quit their 5K jobs at Tesco and Lotus certainly did.

I know of one who was on 5K at Seacon Square Lotus, far from tourists and she got lured in.

Her expectations were 5K per week until she gets someone to take care of her for life. She dreaded the job of shelves guard, standing up all day and repacking garmets.

Could be, they see golfers from the nearby course taking their caddies shopping?

Also, there are some who don't even know lower Sukhumvit exists.

I think everyone in LOS knows something about the BG scene. As pointed out, the people who know more, are probably those who are closer socio/economically to the BGs.

My wife (NBG now living in Oz), knows a bit about the scene. There are a couple of girls in her family's Soi who are BGs. And she used to work in an office near Patpong. She jokes about how unattractive the BGs look in day light as they go to work :-)

I think like a lot of Thai people, she does not depise BGs, as she rcognises that most do it from necessity rather than choice. She just feels sad for them that this is the way they have to make a living. To her, it would be the end of the road, not something she would do out of choice, whatever the rewards.

As an after thought, many Thai women know about the BG scene, because their Thai husbands are customers!

Sid

Archived