Do regular thai girls know about bar girls + $$$

imperial

I think most regular Thai people (men as well as women) certainly know nothing about the details, as in "how much money", "how many customers", "take-out polcies" or any other goings on.

What they must see is that bar-girls in the tourist/expat scene are more likely to 'stick around' and become rented girlfriends: it's quite obvious all over Sukhumvit. Furthermore they may be amazed at how 'ugly' they look while still being able to make a living as a prostitute.

My girlfriend is (was) completely clueless about the scene, even not knowing what areas in Bangkok were famous for tourist-nightlife, and thinking of Pattaya as just another beach resort town, like a more developed Cha Am or whatever. Inevitably she meets and sometimes even befriends my friends girlfriends who are by and large, shall we say, more clued in when it comes to the tourist nightlife scene.

As for Tesco-type workers becoming bargirls: sure that happens. I think the vast majority though has a snowballs chance in hell at landing a job at Tesco. You do need somewhat of an education to work there unless you're sweeping the floor.

Finally: When people think of prostitutes, do keep in mind that the tourist/expat scene is VERY small. It'd be an interesting footnote at best in any discussion on prostitutes who by and large are found at karaokes, singalong restaurants, massage parlours, freelancing in pubs&disco's and so on.

Cheers,

Chanchao

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

I took my wife bar hopping on our last trip.

Patpong....she was talking to a lot of the girls about $$ and customers...her eyes nearly fell out :D

Few nights later we went to nana ..again she chatted to the girls..(i just looked) :angel:

She was amazed..new a little about the scene but not much.

We will visit the bars again this april...must say we enjoyed the experience

My experience has been that all know about it, but none of the details. Most have been very, very surprised to learn that 1,000 bhat can get you laid. Maybe 48 out of 50 non-B'g's I know all thought the price was much higher. And when I speak of F/Ler's going for 500, they are totally bewildered, and quite shocked. :dunno:

HT

Hi,

a pizza and 2 beer chang can be the "price" of a NBG!

A uni girl - friend of TGF - found herself without money one week before end of month and the arrival of the allowance from father. Instead of the humilitation of asking father she worked in a bar some nights and made enough for one week's living. It happened more than six month ago and will probably not be repeated. Interesting enough none of her friends were shocked. :neener:

:beer:

elef

Guest lazyphil

<<yes, i am sure that some pompous fair-skin lover suit and tie thai guy>>

I have fairer skin and so thus based on 'their' theory of being superior I am more superior and I can travel freely on my British passport (shes well traveled and not on some coach tour a hi so Thai might do and brag about!) and so soon will my mrs so fuck them cock suckers!!?btw yes Thais know about bgs, ime anyway, my mrs still has friends from Jusco and Toshiba and has plenty of friends in the UK who are well aware of the scene.

oh come on... it is "the world's oldest profession". Everyone is aware that prostitutes make a shitload more money than having a "normal" job.

Contrary to "sextourist" assumptions/fantasies, Thai women(like most people on this earth) are apprehensive to the idea of becoming prostitutes. You think that women in the U.S.(or wherever) ponder numerous times of quitting their "normal" job and taking it up the ass for some greenbacks? Well the idea is just as repulsive to Thai women.

thais at large are not so serious and moralistic to pronounce judgement upon sex workers as some here maintain

Well this just doesn't compute with their preoccupation of "face" and their fascination with social heirarchy.

Everything i have experienced is that they actually mix very well together, befriend each others, and there is certainly more than a hint of curiosity about sex work.

Sorry... but once again, like my previous reply to Bkkdreaming, thats a bad generalization/assumption. It helps fosters the sextourist fantasy that ALL Thai women will give it up for 2 bills.

Yes, the extreme idea that Thai girls are either in two categories: angelic "gtgs" or pariah bgs is retarded.

Rasputin,

>>>>Well the idea is just as repulsive to Thai women.<<<

Have you ever even been to Thailand before?

Thai women are generally not 'repulsed' by the fact their sisters prostitute themselves. You don't think well-to-do Thai's are not aware of the economic situation most folks there face? While many look may down upon prostitutes, they are not without understanding of what placed them there.

>>>Contrary to "sextourist" assumptions/fantasies, Thai women(like most people on this earth) are apprehensive to the idea of becoming prostitutes.<<<<

Thanks for clearing that up for us. We collectively never would have guessed that.

>>>>You think that women in the U.S.(or wherever) ponder numerous times of quitting their "normal" job and taking it up the ass for some greenbacks?<<<<

That's always been my general assumption. ::

HT

>>>>>Well this just doesn't compute with their preoccupation of "face" and their fascination with social heirarchy.>>>

"fascination with social heiarchy"? :grinyes:

I think might run a little deeper than mere fascination. If you've ever been there, it's a way of life.

>>>>>>It helps fosters the sextourist fantasy that ALL Thai women will give it up for 2 bills.<<<<<

Actually, all my Thai women are asking for 3 bills now. :)

Common dude. Lighten up. Nobody here is saying all Thai women are whores. Where are you getting this stuff from?

HT

Archived