Do regular thai girls know about bar girls + $$$

imperial

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

Thats true--also in that Thai nightclub didn't the girls near us join in with a dance with our group--didn't remember them doing a runner?

(jeez feels like a lifetime ago :()

That is why I said customer/bf. I really don't know which other than based on experience i could have stereotyped them as a classic BG-customer. BUt I gave them the benefit of the doubt..

I don't think the girls moved away from them because it registered BG-customer but their appearance I believe made the two girls react to the image and the uncomfortability that it caused them.

It could have been a clean cut guy with a neat apperance with a cute/conservative appearance BG. I wonder if those girls move away? I doubt it......

In this case as well as in many things in life, image carries an incredible impact whether the reality of the situation matches the percieved image. People will react to the image; reality loses its importance.......

In this situation, this couple created the case of the classic BG-customer which drew a negative reaction.

Who is to blame? The two girls because they should look beyond appearance or the girl/guy knowing or unknowing that some people don't like things that are different from oneself and feel threatened?

My take is that the girl/guy has every right to sit where they please and if the two girls don't like who sat next to them for whatever reason, they can move away to their comfort zone.

On the one hand, Thais tolerate many things and are very good on not expressing reactions. Yet, diversity and exposure to diversity if it falls out of what thais deem as acceptable (in this case dress and appearance) lead to a negative reaction.

Cardinalblue

Maybe the 2 girls were just stuck up or were not able to comprehend their position as having sufficient money in their family so they did not have to resort to fucking farangs.

Either way, it doesn't show much tolerance on their part. I guess that if this was their typical reaction, then they will be jumping seats almost daily.

In their defense, some bargirls do not take the trouble to borrow a t-shirt or take more suitable clothes for the "morning after".

or don't be trying to make it anything except what it is anywhere. ::

jealousy

girls didn't have 'hansum man',

had to do back work Lotus

knew they were better than the 'poor girl'

Not to worry. They will continue their 'superior' existance and maybe find the 'ticky tacky box' to live in that will 'prove' their righteousness.

Ain't it great ?

high thaied...

I live in Thailand. Whoop dee doo for me...

Repulsed is too strong of a word? Gimme a fucking break. Yeah, and the typical sextourist/pat are all handsome, fit, full head of hair, and dresses sharp.

What word do you "think" that khon tamada would use to refer to whores in general? There are numerous, while most with non-human connotations. Hell, they rip on each other far worse than a U.S. city slicker calling someone a "hillbilly".

"fascination with social heiarchy"?

I think might run a little deeper than mere fascination. If you've ever been there, it's a way of life.

sarcasm...

just wonder if when they find out about the $$$$ it pulls them more to the "dark" side. -Bkkdreaming

Here's an example of "where" such notion exists...

Was there a point to your post? or am I just too drunk too see it?

The latter is most possible :drunk::doah:

PS..... got the the sarsasm ......... what else did I miss?

Ras,

I do see it from my university students. I allow them to ask personal questions of each other and when a fat girl, ugly girl, or a girl/guy of the other sexual orientation is being interviewed by the other students in class that day, they just rip on them in a brutal, unrelenting way yet in the typical thai way with a smile on their face.

I feel very bad for these people; something i have never experience so directly in a structured environment in the USA.

It is hard to articlate but much like vultures attacking an almost dying , wounded animal. Amazing the attacked individuals do a pretty good job of maintaining their composure (maybe part of the test) and again in a thai way respond with dignity. Probably some things going over my head that are happening in the room that i don't understand.

It makes me feel embarassed that this takes place yet also part of learning more about the thai culture. I feel relieved when certain interviews as stated above conclude......

What i witness through this interview process would have some american girls in tears and would completely fall apart if they were subject to the same interrogation in such a public venue as a classroom. Yet all done within this positive, jesting, smiling Thai way......

Thais are more cut-throating and direct than their image projects and things like this have changed my perception of them....

Cardinalblue

Cardinalblue,

Agree with your observations completely. IMHO, behind the smiling exterior, there is a "visciousness" perhaps caused by their "fascination with social heierarchy".

Archived