Over weight folk and excess baggage and stuff

Guest baldrick

Overweighted and drunk people should be denied boarding, nah! Or maybe airlines could instaure a new class of service for these people: reduce number of seats and increase price...

Idem if they haven't had a bath, I mean when they smell badly.....

Once had a guy who took off his booths......beurk.....they had to spray the plane....... ::

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, the airlines, or at least some of them, do not enforce limits on the number or sizes of carry-on baggage that some douche bag folks bring with them on board the aircraft.

They take up a large part of the overhead bin space, leaving little or no room for others to put their bag. Shit, the seats are bad enough in cattle class. I only wish it were physically possible to stuff the excess carry-on straight up the guilty folks ass :)

Whitney, I agree with you here that is probably more of the problem. The inconsistency of enforcement. The passengers sometimes don't know the limits but when they are continually let go then the one time the rules are enforced, they go crazy. Countless times I have heard, "Why didn't THEY charge me before?" I just don't know how to answer that question. I am not THEY, first of all and it just makes my job that much tougher trying to enforce the policy. I couldn't give less of a shit if the airline gets the collection or not but it comes back to me if it is found out I don't collect.

I see I am rambling here about boring crap so I'll quit. Just wanted to let everyone know to just follow the limits and all is great then. See you.

Flew Gulf Air from HKG to BKK a few months ago, the flight was going on to Bahrain. While waiting to board in HKG, the counter staff was walking around with a scale and weighing any carry-on that looked anything like overweight and making them check it if it was.

Was pretty amusing, as the Arabs weren't taking it real well. I was pretty impressed with those little Chinese girls standing up to those guys. It looked like they had been doing it a while and knew that politeness was wasted.

TH

P.S. Will never take that flight again, even to save more then the 400HKD I did that trip.

Archived