Richest Musicians In Rock...2004

Torneyboy

chuckwoww said:

Oh dear....I'm in trouble again. :doah: Maybe 'mediocre' wasn't a great choice of words. Keith has certainly come up with some great riffs and Jagger would look silly without him. I just don't think he compares with the likes of Clapton, Page, Hendrix, B.B.King, Stevie Ray Vaughan. That's all. I just can't see Keith holding an audience alone for an hour or two like Clapton does. Or maybe I'm just jealous. :)

Is that your top five then?

Ok..Clapton and Jimmy ...still have kieth in a top five spot :beer:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how I'd rate Townsend. He was the sound of the Who no doubt about that.

The thing about the Rolling Stones is that they always sound a bit awkward and jerky. Especially before Bill Wyman left. I think it's deliberate. They go for high quality studios and they always come across as stoned out of their pods. I think it makes them distinctive but how Jagger ever got a bad boy image is beyond me. Maybe because he does the sarcastic, aloof Englishman act so well :)

chuckwoww said:

Not sure how I'd rate Townsend. He was the sound of the Who no doubt about that.

The thing about the Rolling Stones is that they always sound a bit awkward and jerky. Especially before Bill Wyman left. I think it's deliberate. They go for high quality studios and they always come across as stoned out of their pods. I think it makes them distinctive but how Jagger ever got a bad boy image is beyond me. Maybe because he does the sarcastic, aloof Englishman act so well :)

Bad boy ..way back with the drug charges...and the hair/look they had.

Awkward and jerky?????..That is the stones !!.

Start me up...Honky Tonk women..brown sugar etc

Do not agree with your terms however....blues is their roots not jerky..smooth as silk.

Just a great band that has a wide range in ages of fans...and sir Mick is one hell of a business manager :bow:

Well when Mick got 'busted' with Robert Fraser for his little bit of hash he was lucky to have influential friends and classy lawyers....a lot of people weren't so lucky.

I'll stick with jerky. 'Plodding' Bill Wyman called it. Blues roots sure but it's the studio engineers that make it sound smooth as silk. I heard them live a couple of times ages ago and they sounded more honest.

Superb management and PR without a doubt. I'm sure they'll go down as the Greatest Rock Band In History in spite of anything I say.

Yeah..and high profile stuff at the time..law not sure how to handle an Icon :dunno:

ok...forget the studio....rember the huge concert in central park New York.....LIVE...Mick in that white girley shirt thing.....top music.

I have seen them live three times..once with brian in the band...perfect.....no mixers :nono::bow:

Crawdaddy. Eel Pie Island. Hyde Park.There were other groups around in those days just as good but they burned out. Didn't make it on Ready, Steady, Go. Brian Jones? There's an untold story or two there. Got rid of Oldham at the right time. Jagger is a smart fellow no doubt about it. LSE graduate :)

Not many bands with a hands on Accountant/band member!

He knows his stuff....how many musos have gone bust because they had no idea about where the money was going...(into a managers pocket)....etc etc.

They...Stones are a Business...full stop...again IMO

Archived