Richest Musicians In Rock...2004

Torneyboy

Brink and Carew,

I agree that the list seems awfully dated, and gauging the worth of an artist by his/her bank balance is pathetic, to say the least. I'm a huge fan of The Boss' early stuff, but I dont buy his music because of his position on this or any other bullshit list published by people running short of copy.

While I dont agree with everything in Carew's rants, a lot of it is right on the money, pissed or not :grinyes:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<Stones? Eagles? I didn't even realize these old farts were still touring.>

I don't go to rock concerts and I don't buy CD's but I understand why other people do. The audience for these old farts has grown up with the bands. They go to concerts to celebrate survival. They don't mind paying $100 or more for tickets just to feel young again for an hour or two or to hear Hotel California played life one more time. The difference now is that not many groups have the staying power. :)

The audience for these old farts has grown up with the bands. They go to concerts to celebrate survival. They don't mind paying $100 or more for tickets just to feel young again for an hour or two or to hear Hotel California played life one more time.

I think that is just about the saddest thing I've heard.

<I guess I've always thought that geezers chasing lost youth was just a bit sad.>

Aging is sad....but it has it's funny side. But who are you to judge how people spend their time and money? Let me guess, you are disgusted by old punters with young Thai girls too right? Probably think they should be sitting in a park somewhere feeding ducks. I remember feeling the same way 20 years ago. :)

And look at Pearl Jam ....worth 13 million....not bad for a grunge band from Seattle.....that young Eminem fella must be worth a few bucks too and he's the consience of a generation ::

carew66 said:

Hmm - interesting list. Like - they're all cunts. Looks like my granny's gramophone collection.

Music isn't judged by the money made. It's ART for fuck's sake. ART!!!!!

Go out NOW and buy any album by The Fall; there are plenty. They aren't on that list - but they might MOVE you, make you think, piss you off, help you over a break-up, get you through exams, whatever...

Sure, some of the people on the list managed to make albums for bored salesmen driving up the M1 but for fuck's sake don't think that SALES mean anything (or if you do then kill yourself now).

Philo-fucking-stines.

Ah, arrogance of youth.

Just wait d :nono:head, your turn will come.

TH

carew66 said:

Hmm - interesting list. Like - they're all cunts. Looks like my granny's gramophone collection.

Music isn't judged by the money made. It's ART for fuck's sake. ART!!!!!

Go out NOW and buy any album by The Fall; there are plenty. They aren't on that list - but they might MOVE you, make you think, piss you off, help you over a break-up, get you through exams, whatever...

Sure, some of the people on the list managed to make albums for bored salesmen driving up the M1 but for fuck's sake don't think that SALES mean anything (or if you do then kill yourself now).

Philo-fucking-stines.

HEY MAN,

who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

Happy St. Patricsday

MaW

Archived