Anybody live in the country?

I have live most of my life in the country. Oddly, my Thai girl friend lives in the country. When I go to her home, I really enjoy being there. I am seriously thinking of living there part time and Bangkok part time.

Is anybody else thinking of moving to the country or is currently living in the country? I would like you feelings on it?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Country is where there are no neighbors, or if there is, they are some distance away.

What I am talking about is the difference in living in the city, or a village, or out in the country.

Is Phitsanulok country enough?

We have been living here since 2001. 3 years is more than enough in this place and I'm glad we're moving back to BKK this year. I'm way too young to live in such a quiet place like this here. It's a nice city though with enough facilities (cinema, Lotus, Big C, Topland department store..) but not much to do at night. Pretty boring. I might retire here if I can't handle a busy city in my old days.

>It's a nice city though with enough facilities (cinema, Lotus, Big C, Topland department store..)

My gf's place is reasonably big but no cinemas, Tescos, Big C...

Simply put, I could not live there at all. Would not be able to stay visiting longer than 1-2 days.

Featurless plains covered with boredom. Everybody goes to sleep 8-8:30pm, everybody awake 4:30.

No choice of food, they eat things I would never eat, diet coke unheard of, no heineken, nothing classier than Sam Song.

No, thanks.

Edit: the house is nice, western bathroom, separate rooms, comfortable...but still...

"No choice of food, they eat things I would never eat, diet coke unheard of, no heineken, nothing classier than Sam Song.

No, thanks.

Edit: the house is nice, western bathroom, separate rooms, comfortable...but still... "

Surely you exaggerate, I get Heineken at the village ::.

The house has a western bathroom? :bow:This must be in the city.

My big thing when we drive into the city (about 40 minutes) is to get some Dunkin' Dounuts from the 7-11 at the corner (where the only stoplight is, which just flashes yellow except for the left turn, which flashes red).

My wife always brings (ediable) food for me to eat, though I usually sit (on the floor) eat least one meal a day with everyone. It can be some really nasty looking stuff.

I have heard that a certain big time politician from the area is building a golf course development just outside city limits. That would be nice. There is already one about 1.5 hours away, but really too far be convenient.

I haven't stayed longer then 2 nights in a couple of years now. I don't think I could live there, besides, too far to the beach.

TH

Archived