EURO 2004

Zaad

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Zaad said:

I have deliberately put it up for grabs..and FP took it with both hands ;)

btw... [color:"green"]POR[/color][color:"red"]TUGAL[/color] make my YEARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

Make "my" year....no let's see....beautifull Thai gal..working and living in LOS...and now BKK....what the hell else do you need :neener:

Go Greece :grinyes:

"Make "my" year....no let's see....beautifull Thai gal..working and living in LOS...and now BKK....what the hell else do you need :neener: "

Thanks for your kind words, TB..but since you're asking; I'd like to have enough money to retire before my 30th year and enjoy life to the fullest..eat at the best places..drink the best wines..go on a cruise..be present at tonight's final.. :)

:up: GO PORTUGAL :up:

Nah, no way! Portugal must win.

That means we English can claim once again to have gone out to the eventual winners and have come by far the closest to putting them out. Even though we played crap.

People wanting Greece to win:

a) Greeks.

B) Shareholders in plate companies.

c) Customers of kebab shops.

Can we claim free kebabs this evening if they win? Surely we can. :p

Portugal - Greece 0 - 0 half time

What to say ??? Where is Portugal ???? sofar Greece is the stronger team, Portugal have not found the answer (yet) to that.

I hope they come fresher back for some good football, they look a bit tired and uninspired......

BB

Portugal - Greece 0 - 1

Congrats to Greece because they won, but football lost IMO.

Thanks to Zaad for organising the competition here, I owe you :beer:

Thanks to FlyP to pay me :beer: for winning the competition :p

Thanks to TB for also paying us :beer: for being the only one to predict a Greec win, well actually he was just scared for his neigbours :p

Thanks to all participants in this thread, it was fun, but its finished......

BB

now cycling

"we English can claim once again to have gone out to the eventual winners and have come by far the closest to putting them out. Even though we played crap"

Not even that...

Zaad, when R U starting Ur monkhood??

Messy end of the championship, a tad frustrating

Congrats to Greece because they won, but football lost IMO.

Hi BB.

Maybe, but then again, maybe not. If you look at the bigger picture, it'll probably do great things for the game of football in Greece. Kids who wouldn't normally play it will now take it up. There'll probably be a lot more interest in their local competition, which means it is healthier in terms of attendance and financially.

When an underdog wins a sporting contest in any sport, it can only do good things to that sport as a whole, IMO.

Just think about Maria Sharapova - so much more interesting in women's tennis now that she's won Wimbledon. So therefore, good for the game.

FlyP.

not the best game i have ever seen.

the Portugese seemed to run out of ideas when they reached the final third,but the Greeks were organised and to my surprise quite attack minded.

i was disappointed in Deco and his antics,and along with Robben(Holland)has gained a reputation as a diver.... :nono:

before the Tournament Greece had never won a game in an International Tournament(5 defeats and 1 draw).

but in the last 3 Weeks they have beaten Portugal twice,France and the Czech Republic.

they are not a flair Team or with major stars but they done a job and are now European Champions.

congrats to them......... :applause:

could be the end of a few Portugese Players International careers(Figo,Couto,Rui Costa)and i thought the Portugese seriously underperformed in the Final.

IMO

Best Game.....Holland v Czech Republic

Best Goal.....Henrik Larsson(Sweden v Bulgaria)

Archived