Best Farang Food In Asia

MooNoi

IMO, Thailand is the worst place to get farang food - especially for a decent price. Some high-end places and restaurants in 5-star hotels etc do good western food, but your averages street cafe falls way short of the mark. :doah:

I believe this is because Thailand was never colonised by a western nation, therefore, culinary influences never wore off on The Land of Smiles.

For instance, Vietnam does great farang food at a great price. Especially French dishes. And Singapore does great farang food too IMO.

What's your take on farang food in Asia?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure I'm offending a lot of people, but another good reason for the superb food offerings in LOS is the LACK of euro rule & thus spoiled local cuisine.

However if I really had to have some great european(french) food when in Asia I'd head straight for laos or cambo. They do great versions of many french favorites so the tricolore is saved around the mekong ;)

I really liked the french cuisine in Cambodia.

But in terms of excellence, Japan has it for me, I've had some of the best meals in my life in Tokyo.

Western/Indian/Japanese in Tokyo = very good.

Cheers

Coss

Can't judge where the best farang food is served as I've only been to Thailand in Asia.

But I have no complaints at all regarding 'our' food here

Trust me, Zaad...

If you go to Camb/Laos/Vietnam you'll see how badly they do farang food in Thailand!

I don't think we can count stuff like KFC/McDonalds etc as fast food chains are "standardised" all around the world and part of the marketing strategy for these companies is that your Big Mac/Zinger will taste the same in Australia/USA/Europe/Asia.

Hi,

Sizzler is IMO expensive and not so good food.

My 2 farang food favourite restaurants in BKK are both near soi 23.

Old Dutch - soi 23 end of Soi Cowboy. A big cheese schnitzel for 100 baht!

Chokchai Steak House 500 m north of Old Dutch - small soi between Soi 23 and Soi Asoke (21). Best T-bonesteak in Thailand!

:beer:

elef

Archived