GTG or hustle or ????

Tiger Moth

Go for it, mate! My gf was the same, she broke the record by calling me 21 times in a morning, while I was in a meeting having the phone on silent. She came to my place at night just to put some cookies, she made, in to my car. TG's once in love ( and this can go quickly) can be very obsessed with the idea of having a farang bf. Now, that we live together ( we know eachother since 7years and I was involved in another relationsship but she kept waiting!) she is very happy and has the peace in her mind. She doesnt call me during the day ( except something urgent) and sent me sms instead. If I look in to our office here, I can see the girls playing on the Internet most of the time and when you are good at computers, it is easy to type a little lovely email within 2mins.

Be careful but not suspicious and go as far as you can take it.May be it leads somewhere you may have never expected.

Cheers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One person, in a wedding said it loudly that I was a waste, married to a "Farang" without a stitch of gold.

--------------------------------

I do have (maybe did, a bit off at this point) a perfect unspoken understanding about gold with the GF. I buy it so she can resell it at her convenience. Never fails...... :beer:

>>>Good guess maybe, but do you really know the guy, maybe he's doing likewise and appreciate the freedom?<<<

bad guess.

he's working way too hard to do that. not every farang here is fucking around.

I hope this won't be too boring. But, I wanted to add a bit to my description of my experience with my Thai student friends as a way of describing what I see as the big dilemma for old man farangs with a bit of money by Thai standards such as myself.

My 2 Thai student friends are N and R. N has recently become engaged (I met her intended several times back in the US) and R has had a boy for several years and they hope to marry also although they are not formally engaged.

N's intended is a farang and they will live in the US. N will be coming back to Thailand to stay with her family for a few months prior to the marriage. N recently sent me a note and said she hopes I will visit with her when she is here and travel around the South of Thailand with her. N is about 25, a few years younger than my new GTG lady friend. No hanky panky between N and I. She is just a really sweet, friendly young lady.

R's boyfriend S was recently back in Thailand on vacation. I was invited to join S and his family for a holiday and did. I will mention that S's father is Governor of one of the Thailand provinces. I mention this to illustrate that in this case I was dealing with people of influence and wealth beyond mine. That is, definitely no ulterior motive to be nice to me. Included on the holiday trip were a couple of S's friends, guys who are the same age as S (32) and S's sister (in her early 20's). Not only was S as friendly and nice to me as possible but his friends and sister were as well. His friends, one of whom is moving to BKK and another visits regularly, asked for my phone number so we can go out on the town together here in BKK. His sister has invited me to go out with her and will be taking me to JJ market.

So, here are young Thai people, male and female, with no ulterior motive, who act towards an old farang exactly the same as my new GTG lady friend (except for the intimacy). They are fun to be with, friendly and like to associate with me.

This is the dilemma in trying to figure out if an old farang is being conned, as I see it. No difference between genuine friendly behavior from young Thai people and the behavior of someone doing a con.

It makes no sense to me that my new GTG friend would want to be with me. But, it also makes no sense to me that these other young Thai people who definitely have no ulterior motive would want to go out with me. And, they are all around the same age, Uni graduates, etc.

In my mind, I have examined the behavior of my new GTG friend looking for clues (whatever that means) until my head feels like it would burst. And, being redundant here, there is a lot that makes no sense but at the same time no difference to the behavior of the others. So, I guess I have no alternative but to follow the advise of many and go with the flow but keep my eyes open.

Maybe we run the risk too many times to double-guess motives from thai people who act with consideration and generosity (their time and friendship at least) towards us. is it so extraordinary that people of differnt cultures should be nice and inviting to each other?

Actually, what causes you (us actually) to elicit doubts about their sincerity, and even your GF's sincerity? a history of being woed then played upon? reading about it? seeing the whole social fabric of thai society as users and used, even within the family circle? East meets West and the twin etc....?

It would be interesting to hear what makes many of us cautious about associating with thais?

I even think, reading jasmine over the years, that she is also cautious and weary of associating too freely with friendly thai strangers. Could it be that, actually, thais are as cautious, guarded (or gullible) as us in their new social contacts?

Tigermoth- twasn't a bore at all, far from it. Twas golden. :bow:

It is this last post by TigerMoth that reminds me why so many of us linger here and are able to find so much magic in the LoS to this very day (and age). It also counters well (IMHO) the Darkside thread, as I see a delightful frivolty in their behaviors to him. ;)

Here in my corner of the stateside world intergenerational hands of friendship are futile. And here on forums such as these, perhaps we read/post/dwell on scammers in the LoS plenty. As I see it, the middle road is the way to happiness.

TigerMoths post reminds me the best approach to this life is with an open mind/open heart. An open, informed, alert, and aware mind; a heart the same. Knowledgeable of signs/games to watch for but playfully open to allow for these relationships which defy logic and can cross either caste, generation or both. :bow: Magnificent can be the experience of the LoS still. :beer: Hooray for the simple pleasure good company brings. And to hell with age as barrier. ::

Archived