quit smoking with the patch......

buddha

Upon returning to farangland a few months ago i quickly realized how much my smoking had increased in my years in Thailand. The cost of cigarettes [uSD $8], the fact that you cannot smoke inside, and the severe winter all combined to give me a real reason to quit.

I tried and failed several times but finally went out and bought 'the patch'. It eliminated the craving for nicotine while seperating the habitual aspects of smoking. I'm 8 weeks in without a smoke, the first six I wore a nicotine patch.

I really have to say this product helped me quite a bit, should you not want to quit it would be a great way to get your fix while in a plane heading to the LOS. I would recommend the patch to anyone....

Good one, OH.

I did the patch (< 6 days) combined with hypnosis, back in '91. Hypno gets at the psychological and the patch takes care of the (very real) physical manifestations of nicotine withdrawal.

The hypno was at the Psych Dept at the local university. Took about 3-4 hours. VERY EFFECTIVE!! While I can tolerate smoke around me, even now, 13 years later, the thought of ME smoking makes the back of my jaws start to get that feeling like right before one pukes (Gack- even when I write this!).

BTW, this is NOT a recommendation, but that first patch really gave me a buzz- and I'd been smoking a little bit more than a pack a day of Marlboro Reds for 22 years.

Old Hippie,

Yes they do make a "No Sex Patch" and in fact you can make one yourself.

First you get some very sticky sticky tape, then you get out your old fella, shave everywhere, dry, (If you wet shave) and then tale you old fella to you leg, facing directly downwards!

Make sure you leave the little helmet free, so you can still take the piss!

JB

$50 USD for a two week supply. The whole 6 week program cost $150. I estimate that I was spending a little more than $70 USD per week on cigarettes.

I did not notice a 'buzz' but the first couple days I had trouble sleeping, after that it was a breeze.

I tried "the patch" maybe 8 years ago. Didn't help at all. Maybe I wasn't ready to accept it/believe in it or make the committment.

But in Dec. 2001, I decided I didn't want to smoke anymore (after over 30 years). So I tried the Nicorette gum. About 60 USD for a starter...good for about 3 weeks. Problem for me is that now I'm addicted to the friggin gum :( But I haven't lit up in 2 years and 4 months ! I've found that the gum is easily available in bkk...foodland pharmacy and a couple of sukhumvit pharmacies. It definitely got me off smoking.

Archived