I can''t Cope....So send the Child Home

Torneyboy

Have know this thai couple for just over two years .

They have a beautiful three year old girl.

The mother has just started a masters degree and works in a restaurant several shifts a week she is 25.

The husband is also at Uni and works in a restaurant he is 26.

They have decided the mother can no longer cope with early morning demands for attention by the child and pursue her studies and work all at the same time.

The child will be sent to BKK next week to live with the mothers parents for between one and two years.

IMO the child is going to be heartbroken...she loves her parents. .

What will this do to a young child?

Is this whole thing being selfish :dunno:

Or good idea so she can study in peace?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TB, yes on the surface it looks selfish and totally irresponsible but there's two things to consider.

Cultural differences: As you know, it ain't unusual for kids to be raised by their grandparents, aunties, sister, etc. in Thailand.

What if the mum cracks?: It appears the young woman is stressed out. In the long-term it could be better for the kid.

We've had some sad cases here lately where one mum tried to run over her toddler cause she was 'stressed out' -- thankfully the kid miraculously survived with only a few scratches.

In another case the mum and boyfriend starved the kid to death, another was left outside to freeze to death, one baby is brain dead after being thrown on the floor.

Japanese courts are far too lenient on this shit. The beasts usually only get a few years in prison or a suspended sentence if they 'show remorse.' :cussing: :onfire: :banghead:

Wow...not good.

This couple are young 25-27...think some space is also what they want.

Also know the child was not planned....but is not the little girls fault to be brought into the world.

Thai culture is way to hard to grasp in a short time..for me anyway.

torneyboy said:

... but is not the little girls fault to be brought into the world.

True, but if these young folks can't cope, they could be doing the best thing for the child.

I have to look at this from my point of view....falang.

How would you/me feel being put on a plane and say goodbye to ""ÿoure family""...at such a young age?

That is my concern..the mental state of the child in a month or two?

The Thais appear to have no feelings when they send a child away from the nest.

Archived