how long does it take to get a Thai passport done?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
flyonzewall said:

not more than a week.

but it might take a lot more time for her visa, depending in which country you are going.

Yes the visa is the hard part...must have all the info correct at time of lodgement ..or delays will follow for sure.

My wifes passport expired march 1st...we leave April 8th for BKK..lucky i saw the dates..i always use it to spell her name on any docs.....such a long name i can never rember all the letters.

Anyway got it renewed in under a day...they just put a stamp in the book !...easy

flyonzewall said:

>>>MUCH more organised and quicker than in Australia, I was truly amazed!<<<

germany takes about two months!

:doah:

Normally 4-5 weeks here in Belgium, speed delivery in 8-10 at a VERY high premium......

GF had her passport issued in under a week, extended last november in 40 minutes, just a stamp and a few baht.....

BB

Hi guys, thanks for all the answers, well it turns out it will take at least a week. Depending on circumstances could be less. House and residence registration papers have to be verified etc.. Seeing we only had a week it won't be possible because of the Visa.. Actually the visa application we were told would be a breeze, possibly issued in a day. That's after considering her circumstances and background.. ie. current uni-student on semester break, funds availiable in current bank account, and letter from parents working in public service etc. etc..

The main problem is we would've had to wait to get the passport before the visa application will even be looked at.

Oh well, next time I guess. Will have a rather dull 2 weeks in Sydney alone. Things could be worse I guess. At least I will get out of the hot weather and avoid the coming Songkran season...

Cheers and thanks again.

FF2

Archived