Better farangs in BKK than in PTY. Bg's opinion

think_too_mut

I didn't say I never payed 500bt or even less - just said I payed them 'fairly' whatever that means :D

A BJ at the lower end places aka funland1 or postoffice has clearly stated prices all inclusive of around the 400bt mark I believe it is, so no need to pay them 800bt as patpong charges na jaa?

Bar beer girls usually expect no more than 500bt for ST either, but YMMW ::

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"For the girls, it generally means bigger money and less resistance.

Of course, their viewpoint may be skewed by their interests in the trade.

Pattaya is more straight to the point - many are there for one thing, so are the girls."

Their interests in the trade + "better falang" = newbie ripe for the picking!

BG find falang who don't speak thai, are newbies, easy to sell lies too, limited time and don't know scene= bigger money but what do you mean by less resistance...resistance to pay less!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

BKK BGs are a little off in thought compared to their pattaya sisters. Pattaya girls use the GF experience to build international Falang bank rolls and balance several guys.

"Pattaya is more straight to the point - many are there for one thing, so are the girls."

So true on face value! But, the girls...wait! That doesn't work with the idea of 500 bht ST/lt! The girls in pattaya more often have backers, supporters, and settle for 500 bht/freebie cause they actually like the guy and want to have fun with them...ok that works for me! Why would a BG not like this...make money from absent Falang...hang with likeable falang on his coin for a good time!

Doesn't she mean, "fresh meat" ready to be exploited or taken by BG!

::

their own girls back home are cheaper

-----------------------

I doubt it. Not my expertise, but it seems that P4P, of the personable type "a la Pattaya" in Moscow is not at 20$ a pop, even less 500 bahts.

My take is that russians who come on vacation are better off than their old co-citizens during the communist area.

Many of the girls who come to P4P in Pattaya to make some money are from the muslim republics of the old USSR. I met a few, a couple years back. they are really dirt poor, but some very good looking, and not too hardcore (some yes, though).

IMO, the russians I have seen around in Pattaya this year, do not enhance Pattaya at all (nor do they bring it down). not especially a great crowd, and pretty similar to low-income tourists in every riviera of the world.

As I said, my hotel in BKK is on soi 4, and frankly if you tell me that the guys who sit down at the bars along soi 4 are classier than the ones in Pattaya, i will pay for your prescribed spectacles.... :)

I am not sure what we are talking about here. Farangs who stay/work/pass-thru in BKK or farangs who P4P in BKK.

I assumed we talked about the ones who frequent the well known P4P spots (as for the ones going purely by curiosity, or inadvertantly, how many out of a whole NEP crowd really, and anyway, i do not think this is what the girls appreciate or talk about).

.....so are the girls.

---------------------------

and what are the P4P girls in BKK are there for?

if they could encounter BKK farangs in Pattaya's relaxed resort surrounding

--------------------------------

TTM, these are the same guys. In BKK, they pay 2000, move fast to Pattaya where they pay 500 or 1000, then another 2000 the last night in BKK, before flight. I think you are making too much out of it.

Last, it is true that Pattaya girls (many, that is, and enough to give a different P4P feel to the city) have a reputation of not being as professional as BKK girls.

And that goes for the famed GTGs. Not so easy to pick one up in BKK, and "grey zone" ones are as pricey as BGs, but in Pattaya, it is very easy to flirt a cashier, a waitress, an hotel/dpt store/mall/jewelry/shop/travel agency/etc....employee, if only becasue there are so many farangs and as someone said, no big shock to be seen walking or dining with one in Pattaya.

very simply, as you found out, Pattaya is just a damn easy-going city, the sleaze factor is very low (save a few katoeys on beach rd), and a damned good choice to enjoy a few days or weeks in Thailand.

>TTM, these are the same guys. In BKK, they pay 2000, move fast to Pattaya where they pay 500 or 1000, then another 2000 the last night in BKK, before flight. I think you are making too much out of it.

No, they are not the same guys. All PTY guests go through BKK but not all BKK guests go to PTY.

I went to BKK 15 times and did not know PTY existed!

My company would have 500 people attending a conference in BKK for 5 days twice a year and none of them would knew where PTY is. But about SC and NEP, they would.

How many farangs and companies like that?

And, I forgot, Japanese businessmen, not holidaymakers. How many of them end up in PTY?

I think TTM's BG makes sense here. Anyway, BGs can size up who the big payers are like a cat sniffing out a mouse (for dinner). Wouldn't want to second guess the opinion of a pro.

And what do you mean the katoeys on beach road are sleaze! To each his own. When i arrive i will tell my regulars what you said, watch your groin. ::

>>>Pattaya IS a zone<<<

>>>And I hope you can see why this topic that comes up so much drives me and many "lesser" Pattaya residents NUTS!!. <<<

as a bangkok resident i simply would not like to live in "a zone" - and maybe that's where the difference lies: the vast majority of pattaya residents are for one main reason pattaya residents - to live in one of the biggest brothels and adult entertainment zones the world has ever seen. if you live there there is simply no way of escaping that brothelstink, easy in bangkok.

"Pattaya: Where whoremongers go/come to die"

-rasputin

Pattaya is cheap(er) but not that much. In some instances, it's more expensive. There are some asian tour groups milling through some of the Thai-owned go-go's and they get a set price for prostitutes. In go-gos, the "hot" hookers, ie. "stunners" or whatever you call 'em, demand and get more than their BKK brethren.

Aesthetically(which I am a worldclass authoritah on ^_^ ), Pattaya hookers are a pale comparison to BKK hookers. Bangkok is the capitol of Thailand... The farang hooker places are microscopic to the Thai p4p venues in bkk. Pattaya on the other hand is being fostered to entertain foreigners, sex scene and otherwise.

Thai hooker venues "seem" to put a higher priority on aesthetic beauty, and NO, not just the shade of brown the hookers are only.

I know this will be the same pity party saying but... even 2 years ago, the percentage of super hot "stunners" were a LOT higher than currently, where'd you'd be lucky to see some sub-par to average looking prostitutes or hell, under 50kgs in these venues, BKK or Pattaya!

flyonzewall said:

as a bangkok resident i simply would not like to live in "a zone" - and maybe that's where the difference lies: the vast majority of pattaya residents are for one main reason pattaya residents - to live in one of the biggest brothels and adult entertainment zones the world has ever seen. if you live there there is simply no way of escaping that brothelstink, easy in bangkok.

Correct on all counts!. But what about if (hypothetically of course!) a guy enjoyed living in Pattaya because he didn't want to avoid the "brothelstink"?. Or someone who liked the idea of:

Being single for life but rarely alone :hubba:.

Being able to be on 20+ Golf courses within 30min or so.

Looking out over the ocean when the curtains are open.

Having an obscene amount of Restaurants bars and clubs within 10 minute walking range.

Not thinking haze in the air is normal.

Not knowing what a traffic jam really is!.

Smelling the sweet stink of Pattaya's ubiquitous brothels :).

Living somewhere that EVERY night is Saturday night!.

Just giving some examples. It's not the choice of lifestyle or location for everyone that's for sure!. Under different circumstances I could live in Krung Thep, but just enjoying a few days at a time up there while living in Pattaya is the best of both worlds, for me anyway. You obviously enjoy being a Bangkokian so it seems we are both doing something right?.

Cheers!. Oscar.

don't get me wrong here please. ::

i am a convinced bangkogian. i once thought it might be a good idea to move out of the traffic jams and the stink of bangkok where i don't have any possibility to do any sport i like. so me and the missus looked at some houses there. she even got a good job offer there as a cook in a five star hotel (impossible in bangkok).

the reason we actually decided against a move was simply that the nightlife would have intruded into our privacy. it is just that we are not made for pattaya.

nevertheless, i do see the importance of the existence of something like pattaya. if people come here to live in thailand at a more advanced age i guess that pattaya is for the reasons you have listed maybe a much better compromise than anywhere else here. bangkok can be incredibly stressful, and it can be a very lonely city.

also, we have to accept that sextourism is not going away, and it is better to keep it localised there than having people who have no interest in any other aspect of asia other than pussy running around all over.

pattaya i do see as a very strange and weird place between the worlds, and it does fulfill several important functions.

Archived